• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

USDGC - Actual Tournament...

I was rooting for Eagle, I know it's still not over yet, but that's a lot of strokes to make up. Think it was the course, the weather, or that he threw too many practice rounds and is feeling it now?

I was rooting for Eagle, I know it's still not over yet, but that's a lot of strokes to make up. Think it was the course, the weather, or that he threw too many practice rounds and is feeling it now?

Honestly, it looked like jitters to me. His putting game, especially, was just off today.

And that's who's fault? The course's??? The event or TDs ??? Or perhaps it's the player who didn't choose to lay up.
It doesn't have to be anyone's fault. It just makes for bad golf. Bad for spectators... bad for players, and bad for the sport. No one wants to see people take double digit scores on a hole. This has to be the most disappointing USDGC ever. No live coverage for the first time in forever. Crappy course changes. Stupid @$$ stroke and distance rules. A HURRICANE!!! and it's not even a pdga approved tournament anymore. :sick:

DGWT on Facebook said:
An important update concerning the final round from the USDGC Staff & PDGA:

Excessive rain is expected over the next 24 hours. The 4th round will take place as scheduled. However, the rain will put holes around the lake at risk. To allow play to continue on these holes, the following changes are being implemented:
- Hole #5: A new pin location is about 45ft (13.7m) short of the mando flag, on the right side of the fairway close to the road. You will not play over the water. The mandatory is not in effect.
- Hole #6: The tee has been moved to the right towards the VIP parking area. The pin has also been moved to the right away from the water. The VIP parking area and roped OB area are both still out of bounds. There is a new Drop Zone for all OB shots that is 47ft (14.3m) short of the target.
- Hole #17: Will not be played
- Hole #18: The tee has been moved to the right away from the dock. Pin will be in the short position. The OB areas and mandatory are both still in effect.

Other Considerations:
Anywhere on the course, you may take casual relief in the line of play as much as you deem necessary in order to get a safe footing.

On all holes, you have the option to tee off from directly behind the teepad within 2 meters.

These changes should allow the event to continue despite weather conditions. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please share this information with anyone who may have not received it.

For questions regarding these changes, stop by the scoring trailer tomorrow or please contact:
Andrew Sweeton
[email protected]
No 17? Oh my!

Are they actually going to play tomorrow? Isn't there a little storm coming?
They're changing up tees and baskets on holes near water to allow play on them, with the exception of hole 17 not being played at all tomorrow (this implies it will be a 17 hole layout). The basket of hole 5 will be brought in front of the mando for example, taking the approach over water out completely.

EDIT: frasnow beat me to it

You're the man, Big Sky.

That's a "you've got to be there" kind of hole. There is nothing impressive about that hole on paper. It's short, it's downhill, it's basically wide open. But it's short, downhill and open with a lake right behind it and there's usually some goofy wind blowing. With the OB and the way the limbs have enveloped around the tee, it can really be a mind f***.

It doesn't have to be anyone's fault. It just makes for bad golf. Bad for spectators... bad for players, and bad for the sport. No one wants to see people take double digit scores on a hole. This has to be the most disappointing USDGC ever. No live coverage for the first time in forever. Crappy course changes. Stupid @$$ stroke and distance rules. A HURRICANE!!! and it's not even a pdga approved tournament anymore. :sick:

A) it is still a PDGA sanctioned event (a major);
and B) you obviously see no issue with the player choosing not to LAY UP.

I don't want to see Tom Brady throw 5 interceptions in a game, but then again, he doesn't throw into double coverage much at all.

Socki%20Cart%20Hat.jpg

Where can I get one of these hats with the Ricky silhouette pulling his cart. I want one.

Ilari Tuoma aced 17 yesterday too. Fun fact, the spotter on 17 was also the spotter for the re-tee cubby ace by Uli.