• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

USDGC Live Today

I don't think work will stream it for me :( damn them!

You can always click the list after work and watch past days, but I think it takes them a while to get the current day's one up possibly have to wait a day.

I got some good shots today but I most likely will not have them uploaded until later.

Chain Addicted I was the big guy with the Camera with the big white lens. I was with the lead card for about 5-6 holes then I jumped forward to watch some of the players I know. Tomorrow I will be following Schwebby and Johansen's group again not the lead card.

Von Drehle,

I followed that second group (Nikko/MJ/Schwebby/Uli-whats-his-name) through the hole course and was able to even look back and see Doss and Feldberg driving on a couple of holes. Locastro was handing out some LONNNNNNNG drives!!! I even got a chance to chat with Schwebby for a minute on hole 10 while it was backed up.

You gonna be following the lead group for round 4 or will you be following MJ? Did you have on a red NC State shirt on today at the championship? I think I will still follow that 2nd card tomoro (Billings/MJ/Leiviska/Arlyn) yet jumping between both groups (as I managed to do today on a couple of holes)....

I was just trying to stay out of Billy Crumps' way as he was running around with that camera man, trying to get every possible shot of Doss!:rolleyes:

Von Drehle,

I followed that second group (Nikko/MJ/Schwebby/Uli-whats-his-name) through the hole course and was able to even look back and see Doss and Feldberg driving on a couple of holes. Locastro was handing out some LONNNNNNNG drives!!! I even got a chance to chat with Schwebby for a minute on hole 10 while it was backed up.

You gonna be following the lead group for round 4 or will you be following MJ? Did you have on a red NC State shirt on today at the championship? I think I will still follow that 2nd card tomoro (Billings/MJ/Leiviska/Arlyn) yet jumping between both groups (as I managed to do today on a couple of holes)....

I was just trying to stay out of Billy Crumps' way as he was running around with that camera man, trying to get every possible shot of Doss!:rolleyes:

lol yeah that was me. My back was hurting from carrying my camera around all day yesterday so I left it at home and brought a chair instead. I'm not going to be able make it out tomorrow, but if I did I would follow MJ :), you gotta represent. Funny thing I was actually talking to MJ about the weather during the hole 10 backup. Did you get a chance to play the glo course tonight? I though it was pretty fun aside from the blinding stadium lights from the soccer game and baseball game going on.

Congrats to Nikko for the win and Josh for the course record. Big thanks to the PDGA & USDGC for historical and great coverage for us who could not be there.

PDGA ratings are going to come under big time fire for this round. SSA's for the rounds were approximately 70, 69, 69, 66. The big questions will be:
How does a course get 3-4 strokes easier in 1 day???
How is Josh's 53 "only" a 1085 rated round?

Nikko got his first USDGC at only 21 years old... crazy. Also I question the 1085 with Anthon, I get the whole SSA, but he just shot the course record on the hardest format with all of the yellow rope, it seems as it should be at least 1100+

I'm no big advocate of ratings, but there were 12 rounds total in the 50's through three rounds, an average of four a round. Today (with less players because of the cut) there were 17. Based off of that alone you have to assume that the course for some reason was playing easier today and the round ratings were going to be down.

OR...you could assume the best players in the world were letting it all hang out trying to grab a little of that USDGC cash, and that is the reason the scores were lower. If you think that is the reason, then yeah...Anthon got a raw deal. The ratings are just numbers, and they can't take human factors into consideration.

funny, i was sitting with nikko's uncle, dave mccormack (owner of gateway disc sports) today at jefferson barracks in st. louis;

dave gets a text message that nikko won, looks over at me and says "nikko just won by 2. $25,000 payout", and doesn't even flinch. just goes on continuing our previous conversation about expanding one of the local courses.

i guess he just expected nikko to win.

btw, nikko's little brother jeremy, 7 years old, already putts better than i do. :(:(

I got to witness Nikko and Avery battle it out in person in a tournament earlier this year. Pretty cool to see Avery win Worlds and then Nikko win the USDGC.

PDGA ratings are going to come under big time fire for this round. SSA's for the rounds were approximately 70, 69, 69, 66. The big questions will be:
How does a course get 3-4 strokes easier in 1 day???
How is Josh's 53 "only" a 1085 rated round?
No problem. The weather was ideal today with winds less than 10mph and sometimes dead calm. The wind the first days was a fair amount higher. You will always see the course SSA go down when you have a cut because you eliminate a bunch of the players who are playing below their rating and retain most of those playing at or better than their rating on that course. We'll probably blend the scores between rounds to some extent and Josh could end up with a rating higher than 1085. Regardless, it will top the 1084s shot by Nate and Avery last year to become the best ever round on a course with an SSA of 66+.
http://www.pdga.com/files/documents/Best Rounds thru Aug 2009.pdf

lol yeah that was me. My back was hurting from carrying my camera around all day yesterday so I left it at home and brought a chair instead. I'm not going to be able make it out tomorrow, but if I did I would follow MJ :), you gotta represent. Funny thing I was actually talking to MJ about the weather during the hole 10 backup. Did you get a chance to play the glo course tonight? I though it was pretty fun aside from the blinding stadium lights from the soccer game and baseball game going on.

We left too early to play any night-disc (though I did take my bag out to the infamous "bamboo hole" and try to hyzer it RHBH).

Today, Me and my bro-in-law snuck up ahead of Nikko/Dave-Berg/Doss/Anthon so that we could set up our lawn chairs at the end of hole 18 before everybody else got up there. We had the best freakin' seats on the hole.

Distance competition was pretty cool; watching those discs sail from the "Shack" all the way to the other side of the lake (at least for those that made it over). I even happened to grab one out of the shallow water that I guess they gave Matt Orum to throw. 175grm Pro Boss. :D..... I doubt he cares....

btw, nikko's little brother jeremy, 7 years old, already putts better than i do. :(:(
He outdrove me on a hole the other day. I was throwing a Comet, he threw a Wizard. :( I thought Dave said he was 8. That's my story anyway and I'm sticking to it!

Latest posts