• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

USDGC/WNC Live Streaming Packages

Will you be buying a live stream package for this event?

• Total voters
I guess the people who have other real jobs and spend a lot of time and energy on the live production should just suck it up and do this as a hobby so we can all have free coverage. Oh, you mean post production, where they can't get by on youtube ad revenue because it's such a small payout? The people that have had to 'crowd fund' their careers of providing your (not so) free content aren't doing enough to legitimately offer a service at a cost?

Unbelievably entitled and selfish.:doh:

That doesn't make a lot of sense. Me deciding to do with my entertainment budget is really neither selfish nor entitled.

I don't really watch much pro disc golf, but I don't think it is ready to attempt this. The ONLY people putting eyes on DGPT are disc golfers. They are not looking to reach out to new eyes. I don't believe putting up a 20 dollar paywall, to look for an industry, with a limited and finite audience, is a good idea.

That doesn't make a lot of sense. Me deciding to do with my entertainment budget is really neither selfish nor entitled.

If you expect to see every event at the highest level of a sport for free, then you bet I think that's entitlement. No other sport would ever provide that. (maybe the PGA but I don't even think you can see every tour stop for "free" - you'd need cable for that)

If you expect to see every event at the highest level of a sport for free, then you bet I think that's entitlement. No other sport would ever provide that. (maybe the PGA but I don't even think you can see every tour stop for "free" - you'd need cable for that)

Put it on cable, I'll watch it. I don't pay for NFL, NBA or MLB packages, I can easily get my fill from network and cable.

I am happy to leave antiquated 20th century television concepts firmly planted in the 20th century... unless I'm using my bunny ears to get free sports, jeopardy, and NPR. Perhaps we should be calling out our media outlets for being "entitled," and not sharing in the spoils.

I can watch a plethora of things free on Youtube. Cornhole, darts, marble racing, surfing, wiffle ball, mini golf, pool......most getting more views than disc golf.

As a monthly DGPT subscriber I'm surely not against paying to watch disc golf. But just because you have an active base that is hungry for content doesn't mean you should take advantage of them. I have no doubt..the person that is willing to spend $5.00 to watch this is just as likely to spend $20.00 to watch it and the people behind this absolutely know this. That is the definition of taking advantage. The disc and the $5.00 store credit is another profit grab, hiding it around the "player pack" mentality. I'm definitely not a fan of forced profits.

The right thing to do imop is add another tier for around 5-10 that is just the live dvr stream and allow discounts for pdga members. Those that want to pay more and get all the goodies can do so with the other tiers.

But, D50, we have the ability/option (at least where I live) to do this on our own. For example, I can put it up on the big screen at my house, invite 3 or 4 or 5 who want to watch it and split the cost, and we're right at the price point you're desiring without sacrificing totality of content. I guess only the convenience is sacrificed at that point. People have done that with PPV fights for years.

IF it is important enough...

I will just watch next day coverage and hope I dont hear the results before hand.

I wouldn't watch live. Way too much time. I enjoy post production coverage.

Not paying $30 for it.

Did you guys miss the part about post-production coverage being behind the paywall for 14 days as well? It's not gonna be "next-day" free coverage; it'll be next-fortnight coverage if you want it for free.

Or look at it like you are paying $30 for 10 hours of post production content between the Men's and Women's rounds. If that is how you want to view it.

No one begrudges if you don't want to pay for it or watch it. I just find it funny when people declare how much it SHOULD be. Everyone has a limit as to what they will pay. But you don't really have the right to demand a certain price. Pay... or don't. Pretty simple. What you value something at and what it costs to actually produce are sometimes wildly different.

Discs cost less than a dollar in plastic. Throw in labor and others and you have a few bucks. HOW DARE THEY charge $20.

This is so true. My students were once at a talk being given by Mark Cuban, when one of them asked him, "how do you decide how much to charge for a product?" Without hesitating Cuban said, "you charge as much as they are willing to pay, regardless of true value."

They are looking to find out what that PPV sweet spot is for disc golf coverage. D50 often postulates that the cost around Dallas-Fort Worth for Am events is "way too high." (ot that there should be other non player pack options). I let him know that I was around when the prices were less and the TD's had other issues. So they kept raising the price till they got to the point where events still had a high likelihood of filling in advance without overcharging ... and that's where it's stayed. Am events around here are MUCH HIGHER than other places in the country, and I think that is purposeful.

No one begrudges if you don't want to pay for it or watch it. I just find it funny when people declare how much it SHOULD be. Everyone has a limit as to what they will pay. But you don't really have the right to demand a certain price. Pay... or don't. Pretty simple. What you value something at and what it costs to actually produce are sometimes wildly different.
You are wrong. The law of supply and demand will dictate fair market value. The cost to actually produce vs revenue will determine whether or not it is economically feasible as a product.

But, D50, we have the ability/option (at least where I live) to do this on our own. For example....

For sure, I get that. I just don't think they should be testing/experimenting/whatever you want to call it, on the niche supportive fan base of this event. The only tier I think they are missing is a basic live stream only with no US Disc Golf Membership.

What exactly is a "US Disc Golf Membership"? I searched on that and found nothing. It says to go to usdiscgolf.com which gets forwarded back to usdgc.com. For store questions it says refer to discgolfunited.com. They are all registered under the same entity so I'm guessing it's all the same business umbrella. Wish I knew more about the membership, not really interested in paying to have access to disc golf merch. But if they're planning on more live tournaments, that would be interesting.

D50 often postulates that the cost around Dallas-Fort Worth for Am events is "way too high." (ot that there should be other non player pack options).

The thing that still doesn't jive with me is ams costing the same as pros in the age protected divisions. But it is what it is and DD's tournaments always fill which is of course a good thing. But yah..my days of spending $60+ on a 2 round tournament are long gone. Luckily we have several other TDs active who provide alternative pricing, plus we have plenty of those 25.00 one round flex tournaments which are pure jelly. Btw..did Stevo come up with that idea first?

No Chance I'm spending $20 or whatever else more on a single event. The value's not there. I already waste too much money on plastic. The event isn't that big of a deal to me. I'll be out on the course with my friends instead.

For sure, I get that. I just don't think they should be testing/experimenting/whatever you want to call it, on the niche supportive fan base of this event. The only tier I think they are missing is a basic live stream only with no US Disc Golf Membership.

What exactly is a "US Disc Golf Membership"? I searched on that and found nothing. It says to go to usdiscgolf.com which gets forwarded back to usdgc.com. For store questions it says refer to discgolfunited.com. They are all registered under the same entity so I'm guessing it's all the same business umbrella. Wish I knew more about the membership, not really interested in paying to have access to disc golf merch. But if they're planning on more live tournaments, that would be interesting.

The thing that still doesn't jive with me is ams costing the same as pros in the age protected divisions. But it is what it is and DD's tournaments always fill which is of course a good thing. But yah..my days of spending $60+ on a 2 round tournament are long gone. Luckily we have several other TDs active who provide alternative pricing, plus we have plenty of those 25.00 one round flex tournaments which are pure jelly. Btw..did Stevo come up with that idea first?

It wasn't Stevo's original idea. But he's the guy who first utilized it widespread, got the kinks out, and popularized it. Kinda like Steve Jobs and the tablet computer.

USDGC is Innova, 100% their event. The tournament has always been the standard in experimentation, from course design, to OB rules, and pretty much anything else imaginable.

Did you guys miss the part about post-production coverage being behind the paywall for 14 days as well? It's not gonna be "next-day" free coverage; it'll be next-fortnight coverage if you want it for free.

I can wait.

I can wait.

I will just lose interest. I certainly cannot stay in the sports bubble, not knowing the results, for that long. Come the following weekend, I will have forgotten about the tournament.

So, instead of my passing interest, watching some of the post production, I will watch none. Recommend watching to nobody. This seems to be the prevailing attitude among the few handful of golfers I have talked to.

I wish them luck....I am not their target audience.

I would pay for the next day post production, but $30 is too steep (my schedule won't allow to watch live coverage). Like others have asked, why not a more reasonable price to only see next day coverage? I'm bummed that I either have to pay $30 or wait 2 weeks and already know the results. It will be impossible to avoid spoiler alerts for 2 weeks.