• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram bowing out of the Disc game

MrGlass01

* Ace Member *
Apparently vibram is done making discs. Too
Lazy to link but I saw it a few times in Facebook groups.

Discuss:

Oops just noticed this is posted elsewhere

I thought Roaches and Comets were the worst.

I agree with the assessment of 4x World Champion Valarie Jenkins Doss, who said of the Roach that she likes the putter but hates the name. I continue to believe the name was bad marketing on Discraft's part, but the putter is not the worst.

The Comet... continue to enjoy it without my participation. Certainly Discraft is not going to go bankrupt over it.

After Steve Dodge left, it seemed to only be a matter of time before Vibram would call it a day.
Too bad. I really like the grip of the discs.

I agree with the assessment of 4x World Champion Valarie Jenkins Doss, who said of the Roach that she likes the putter but hates the name. I continue to believe the name was bad marketing on Discraft's part, but the putter is not the worst.

The Comet... continue to enjoy it without my participation. Certainly Discraft is not going to go bankrupt over it.

The Roach is a very gold mold. I wipe the stamps on mine.

RIP Vibram. I never threw any of their stuff and every pair of shoes I've ever had with a Vibram sole has been very uncomfortable. Way too stiff.

I loved their shoes for a long time, only one bad pair it was their sole not their shoes.

I think their material had potential but they couldn't let go of a few ideas that hurt the product.

Bummed to see such a big fish exit the pond.

This makes me sad. Especially since I've been using the Ridge as my putter for a very long time. I can't say I'm surprised with Mr. Dodge gone now, and Maple Hill no longer being the Vibram Open.

Meh. Won't effect me. I've never clicked with any Vibram. In fact, in a very active disc golf area, I don't even know of anyone who throws any Vibram. Shide might know as I was pretty inactive last year due to injury, but Grand Rapids is a very busy DG community and I extremely rarely see any Vibram being used around here in all the leagues and tourneys I am active in.

So, bummer to see any disc golf company step down, but not a big deal in my day-to-day. As long as they keep making the great soles and tread patterns I enjoy in shoes, I'm good.

Never got around to throwing any of their stuff, even in my first year when I bought everything in sight. Didn't like the look & feel of the discs at all.

Hey so where do we pick up super cheap OOP plastic? The Vibram site had something like 25-30% off. Not going to do it for me.

I think their material had potential but they couldn't let go of a few ideas that hurt the product.

Could you elaborate on the ideas that hurt the product? I unfortunately never have thrown a vibram disc and don't know much about their foray into DG. Every time I thought to myself I wanted to check out something of theirs I ended up with the impression that I couldn't find anything that my buzzzes, rocs, teebirds, eagles etc couldn't do better.

EDIT: Just realized in my previous post I referred to the vibram discs as "plastic" - maybe this is telling, heh

Latest posts