• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread (Part II)

Could the mod who deleted my post send me a PM please? If it's been moved, I can't find it.

I'd really rather not close this thread, so posts specifically referencing drugs were deleted. It's pretty clear that talking about drugs is not allowed in these forums, review the forum guidelines if you're confused about what is and isn't ok here. We get it, some people love the name, some people hate it, some people don't care, and some don't get the reference. None of that is going to change because somebody argued or put up a poll on the internet. Let's drop this subject so a good thread can stay open and the mods don't have to resort to infractions to get the point across.

Then you should delete Steve's blog post as well, since no other post on the topic in this thread more directly referenced drugs more than his video.

Thank you for providing clearly stated reasons for naming the disc Four20. It's your choice to politicize the Vibram brand. Unfortunately you've alienated me as customer. :( Today I'm taking my Ascents, Traks, Ibexes (favorite mid), and Summit out of my bag. I'll also be looking for a new pair of shoes with a different sole.

I used to seek out the Vibram logo, because it stood for quality. Now it stands for something else.

Send to me, a simple PM works.

/snip

So when one of the main dg companies is embracing it, it makes everyone else attached to the sport look like they support it.

I want the sport to grow, which is why I have such an issue with the name

I was under the impression that Vibram was a fringe company...

:D

I'm not trying to say that everything DG has to be angelic. I'm simply trying to say that this isn't going to help shift DGs image. But maybe you don't want it to change.

BTW a wahoo is a fish - I love fish grilled with butter and garlic.

I don't really care about DG's image (whatever it is) and I don't care if it changes or stays the same, image is nothing (contrary to what TV may be force feeding you). I just want to throw my disc.

Okay, take the wahoo out of the list, that looks a whole lot better.

Four20 = 1 disc
All the others I listed = 38 discs

About 20 years ago a local amusement park bowed to some special interest groups and renamed their new multi million dollar roller coaster from Banshee to Mantis. Because a Banshee had some sort of connection to the devil. So, all the money they spent on marketing the new ride went down the toilet, which I'm sure didn't help ticket prices (already way too high).

Anhyzer spikes AND the Summit

I've got a pretty good idea about how to do them, but does anyone have any quick pointers? I can see myself anhyzer spiking with the Summit, Ibex, and unlace. I'm going to steer away from anyzer spiking with the unlace at first, because of its speed, but I'm going to try it first with the Ibex and Summit.

Also, on the Summit: I've had some great approach shots with the Summit these past few days, so I'm pretty excited to hear what everyone else is doing with their Summit

Can we all stop talking about disc name politics? There's plenty of places to do that, stop mucking up the Vibram thread.

I've got a pretty good idea about how to do them, but does anyone have any quick pointers? I can see myself anhyzer spiking with the Summit, Ibex, and unlace. I'm going to steer away from anyzer spiking with the unlace at first, because of its speed, but I'm going to try it first with the Ibex and Summit.

Also, on the Summit: I've had some great approach shots with the Summit these past few days, so I'm pretty excited to hear what everyone else is doing with their Summit

I typically don't try to let my anhyzer shots land on edge as that leads to rolling (unless I want a roller). I try to get all my anhyzers that I want to stick to land flat. Ibex and Trak are perfect for this as they will hold the anhyzer for a long time but have the low speed stability to fight out of it. The Summit is great for this to, but I usually have to hyzer flip it into a turnover for it to land flat. It's all about playing with the angles and power.

As for my Summits, they do not see too much action on my typical courses except for strong tailwind approaches and some touch shots here and there. But when I head to a wooded course, the Summit sees a lot of use for placement shots off the tee. Easy to control and manipulate the flight path, easy to flip up to dead nuts straight, and sneaky long.

Thanks for staying on topic, Trust!

so has anyone thrown one, cause im curious how it flies.....

Much M Summit love here! It is my main disc for everything under about 80 feet, unless I need a big hyzer (VP) or anny (Ibex). Once the distance increases and I apply more power it heads way off to the right (RHBH); in that case I switch to the M Ridge.

I recently saw, for the first time, a video of Nikko's putting style, and I have been trying to imitate that and it works great for me. The Summit loves a straight push style, out to about 40 feet. Outside that distance I switch to a slow speed spin, and it flies so beautifully straight. Ask Tom at Mandos (Auburn, WA) and he will confirm :)

And while I'm here, thanks to Justin for enabling my vibram addiction. This is Jeff from Mountlake Terrace. Cheers!

Try hyzer-flipping the Summit if you have the fairway space/width. Start a bit left of the target (from maybe 100-150' out) and let it rip. The hyzer takes it left a bit more, it flips up, and then slowly fades the entire flight to the right. Beauteous shot to watch.

Video is suddenly private and the blog entry is gone from the website. Hmmmm....

The plot thickens.

In the context of "the big picture" for Vibram as a corporation (and not the relatively small disc golf branch of Vibram) the Four20 product name is a risky proposition. I'm not upset with the name, I just feel that it's lame. To each their own.

Can we all stop talking about disc name politics? There's plenty of places to do that, stop mucking up the Vibram thread.

I typically don't try to let my anhyzer shots land on edge as that leads to rolling (unless I want a roller). I try to get all my anhyzers that I want to stick to land flat. Ibex and Trak are perfect for this as they will hold the anhyzer for a long time but have the low speed stability to fight out of it. The Summit is great for this to, but I usually have to hyzer flip it into a turnover for it to land flat. It's all about playing with the angles and power.

As for my Summits, they do not see too much action on my typical courses except for strong tailwind approaches and some touch shots here and there. But when I head to a wooded course, the Summit sees a lot of use for placement shots off the tee. Easy to control and manipulate the flight path, easy to flip up to dead nuts straight, and sneaky long.

Thanks for staying on topic, Trust!

I'm going to have to work on flattening out my anhyzer spikes. Generally, they hit on edge, so that's what I'll be working on.

Also, the Summit does a lot for me. It gives a great deal of confidence to run the basket, because of the grip I use and how straight it goes on a slight hyzer. I'm not worried about it going too far past the basket, unless I use it on an anhyzer, which I don't do much of unless I want to bend it around a tree on a putt or approach. Great stuff!

Latest posts