• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread (Part II)

I'm going to have to work on flattening out my anhyzer spikes. Generally, they hit on edge, so that's what I'll be working on.

Totally understand that, this is one of the weakest parts of my game. However, I've had the best results with discs in the neutral-stable range, as opposed to something understandable. It's just easier for me to throw an Ibex, Trak or seasoned Ascent (or TL, seasoned teebird, etc.), which has the right HSS to hold anhyzer without turning'n'burning and the right LSS to fight out of it and land flat without fading out.

Missed the edit time... just wanted to say I hate auto correct... understandable instead of understable. My devices should know my vernacular by now.

Missed the edit time... just wanted to say I hate auto correct... understandable instead of understable. My devices should know my vernacular by now.

This makes sense too. I had envisioned my unlace being a kamikaze anhyzer-spike disc, but it makes sense to use something a little more stable.

I'm going to have a great repertoire this year at leagues. Everyone is RHBH, so my FH, OH, spikes, rollers, and turn-over shots are going to be a thing of beauty. I'll have the edge, for sure, over most other players by getting those down.

Four20 flight chart

InBounds posted the flight chart for the NEW Four20. Awesome distance with this thing. The rubber is going to be perfect for thumbers and tomahawks. The X-Link medium should handle the abuse of over-hand shots better than other materials. Interested to see what the firms are going to do...

Attachments

• 2210014.png
    2210014.png
    18 KB · Views: 21
Can we all stop talking about disc name politics? There's plenty of places to do that, stop mucking up the Vibram thread.

I typically don't try to let my anhyzer shots land on edge as that leads to rolling (unless I want a roller). I try to get all my anhyzers that I want to stick to land flat. Ibex and Trak are perfect for this as they will hold the anhyzer for a long time but have the low speed stability to fight out of it. The Summit is great for this to, but I usually have to hyzer flip it into a turnover for it to land flat. It's all about playing with the angles and power.

Thanks for staying on topic, Trust!

So, how far are you throwing the Ibex and Trak when you use the anhyzer shot? Every time I try to push them any distance on an anhyzer they become rollers. How much angle are you giving them, and how much power?

So, how far are you throwing the Ibex and Trak when you use the anhyzer shot? Every time I try to push them any distance on an anhyzer they become rollers. How much angle are you giving them, and how much power?

Ibex about 250', Trak about 300', so not a lot of power. The trick with the Ibex is to give it some height so it has time to fight out of it. But if you're throwing farther than me and turning those discs into rollers, maybe try the Obex and Ascent instead? Both are more flex discs for me but I love my most seasoned Ascent for holding an anny to the ground, so maybe those would work for someone with an arm not as "noodley" as mine.

Flight plate

With regards to the microwave, I'm assuming it also depends on the wattage. I ran my Lace through for 45 seconds, then again for another 30 seconds. Returned a huge amount of stability to it. My compact work microwave is only 700 watts though.

Are you nuking it flight plate up, or flight plate down?

Ibex about 250', Trak about 300', so not a lot of power. The trick with the Ibex is to give it some height so it has time to fight out of it. But if you're throwing farther than me and turning those discs into rollers, maybe try the Obex and Ascent instead? Both are more flex discs for me but I love my most seasoned Ascent for holding an anny to the ground, so maybe those would work for someone with an arm not as "noodley" as mine.

Well, I think you're throwing just a few feet farther than I am. I love my Ibexes, so I'll try giving it some more height. Thanks for the info.

Well, I think you're throwing just a few feet farther than I am. I love my Ibexes, so I'll try giving it some more height. Thanks for the info.

Also, I don't give them too much angle. Ibex is fairly neutral, so it will hold a shallow anny for awhile.

Left to right; Trak, O-lace, Ascent! I love my ascent. Looks like a flag

Liking the discs! :hfive: I have a few that are like that, as well. Did you get them this year?

I have a blue Ridge that I'm going to post a picture of at some point. Very unique coloration. Also, it's a multi-colored soft, which are currently out-of-production with old flight numbers. It's a definite rarity. Also, one of my favorite discs. :)

I should have a few to test out this weekend at The Marilla Mash 4/19 in Streator, IL. If anyone is in the area..

Odd that the inbounds chart of the Four20's flight path is nearly identical to the O-Lace. Anyone who has thrown both want to comment on the differences you see in the flights?

Odd that the inbounds chart of the Four20's flight path is nearly identical to the O-Lace. Anyone who has thrown both want to comment on the differences you see in the flights?

One thing that I don't like about InBounds is that it OVER-simplifies. Example: the Ridge, Sole, and VP all have similar flight paths, but if you have any experience with those three discs. They're very different.

No matter what disc you pick up they all have the same flight characteristics, but you can accentuate or downplay certain aspects of the disc flight based on how it's designed.

Production O-Lace vs Proto Four20 = Four20 was waaaaaaaaaay more overstable.
Can't quite comment on how the Production Four20's fly yet.

I should have a few to test out this weekend at The Marilla Mash 4/19 in Streator, IL. If anyone is in the area..

I'm playing in that. I'll also be at Maxwell to help on Thursday, so if there's any chance to throw them then, I'd love to try them (although I know they will be way too much disc for me no matter the situation!).

Latest posts