• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread (Part II)

VP sounds like the ultimate windy day putter.

Its OS but not as much as I thought, never have had a chance to test it yet in a strong one but Elm Creek will give it a run for its money I am suuuuure. I would call the VP a very (high speed) STABLE putter but not really over-stable in the sense that it has a lot of LSS fade.

I've never thrown a Rhyno but I think the VP is much like a Pig but is a bit more overstable. It's nice being able to huck a putter and not have to worry about it turning over.

The thing I love about the VP is how it will fly the same regardless of wind due to its overstability and lack of glide. It is nice not having to worry as much about a headwind putt.

I don't throw my vp much because the ridge covers most shots and is very stable. When its really windy there's no replacement for the vp for upshots. I have a zone and haven't figured it out yet playing the big fade and skip. VP is probably the most predictable disc in my bag in any conditions.

The VP is about the most consistent thing in my bag right now. It took me a long time to settle on a putter, but I feel like this is it.

The best part is, I only bought it with the intention of using it for upshots due to the consistent fade. But, as soon as it came into the mail I took it out the the practice basket and nailed a couple 30-footers. I fell in love.

I tend to hyzer my putts in more than I should, so the VP both helps and hurts in this way. If I baby it too much, it hyzers out early and I miss. If I put the right amount of juice on it, it bangs right in.

All in all, the VP is excellent both in the circle and out. I am a huge fan.

Playing in a vibram birdie bash this weekend. Never thrown a vibram, never played this course, supposed to be windy as hell and cold. Sounds like a recipe for a glorious victory, amirite?

I throw pretty much exclusively MVP, so I ordered an Obex and VP...because they closely match the flights of the vector and a more OS ion (which I like the idea of). I really would rather not go into this completely blind, so I've got a couple questions, maybe somebody could help me out!

This course has some pretty tough dogleg right holes (didn't know that before ordering, whoops), and having 2 OS discs might put me in a bind. I know when I forehand my vector, I need to be really, really careful to watch the OAT problems, else it just will turn and burn right away. Is the obex the same way? Or can you shape an s out of it more effectively? Basically...I need to figure out a way to play these holes with discs not ideally suited to the layout...hah.

The other question...how does the VP work as a tweener Midrange/P&A disc? I guess, how does it compare to the zone in practice? Is it stable enough?

I will throw my VPs FH. I will not throw my Obex FH. The Obex really isn't all that Overstable, more like stable mid range that you can count on the fade at the end. Good for shaping S shots without oat. With oat you might be in trouble. Hopefully all the DL right holes are short for you.

Does anyone else have problems with their VP rolling away. I am using a medium Xlink and love it outside of the roll away problems. I am hoping to get a soft one to see if that solves the problem.

Does anyone else have problems with their VP rolling away. I am using a medium Xlink and love it outside of the roll away problems. I am hoping to get a soft one to see if that solves the problem.

Vibram putters do love to roll. You just got to to your best to get the disc to land flat (obviously hard to control if you're spitting or splashing out). A soft will definitely help though. I carry two firms (primary putter and back up) and a soft for approaches. The soft just glues itself to the ground, so I'd recommend picking one up.

I was wondering this same thing. I'm trying to see if I can swap from warlocks to the Vibram lineup, but I am having monster roll-aways. Plus, the rounded rims are not quite as comfortable as warlock/aviar for me; and the Sole is too stable. We'll see if I can make it work :)

Soft rubber is outstanding for preventing roll-aways, but I feel like it makes a less accurate putter, due to how easily it deforms. That's why I use soft rubber when the putting circle is hazardous, but prefer medium rubber for normal situations. Maybe some day they'll develop putters with soft rims and medium or firm tops, in a two-piece design like MVP makes their discs.

Soft rubber is outstanding for preventing roll-aways, but I feel like it makes a less accurate putter, due to how easily it deforms. That's why I use soft rubber when the putting circle is hazardous, but prefer medium rubber for normal situations. Maybe some day they'll develop putters with soft rims and medium or firm tops, in a two-piece design like MVP makes their discs.

I think it's just the mold shapes. Wizards come in all sorts of plastic, and they roll just as bad as the Ridges are doing right now. I think if we could get a putter shaped like an Aviar it'd help a lot... :D

Had a 30 foot putt the other day and decided to use my new medium Ridge. I hit the front of the basket and it rolled away 50 feet. I learned my lesson, lol.

My VP was en fuego this weekend, makin' 40 footers feel like reach ins.
People wondering why I'm walking around all day with a **** eatin grin.

I think ANY putter will roll if it catch's an edge just right, whether its got a rolled edge, or a flat edge like a lid. Stand it up and put some rotation on it and its gone in sixty seconds.
Discs will usually only roll a long way on hill, matching the slope angle is the best anti roll defense on a risky approach.
For extreme risk shots, I still like the upside down putt best. I'm not sure of the physics involved, but a disc thrown upside down does seem to roll away less than one tossed the normal way.

my soft vibrams will roll like anything else if they deflect off the basket. big rollaways are rare for me though so i cant say i notice too much of a trend in either direction.

Hey fellow Vibram addicts, I'm selling a Vibram vest that is just a little bit too big for me, worn for just a few rounds, and in great condition. Link in sig.

Latest posts