• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Vibram Discs (don't get caught without your rubber)

Just got my Ridges in today! It's looking like a beautiful day tomorrow - gonna' hit the course and give 'em a throw :D

Mad Scientist said:
Just got my Ridges in today! It's looking like a beautiful day tomorrow - gonna' hit the course and give 'em a throw :D

Same here, well yesterday evening. They feel really nice in my hands. Like a Wizard with a slightly smaller bead. Can't wait to see how they drive and putt.

I will have my website up next week with my vibram order and shipping will be free!

ryankilgore said:
Those places charge way too much for shipping IMO. $8 shipping for one disc direct from Vibram! :shock: I think I'll wait for GGGT or SunKing to stock them.

BTW, Why doesn't Prime have them listed?

I will look into this. Eight bucks seems pretty steep.

And it looks like Prime does have them up now:
X-Link Ridge: http://primediscs.com/proddetail.asp?prod=VI-RIDGE1-XL
X-Link Firm Ridge: http://primediscs.com/proddetail.asp?prod=VI%2DRIDGEFIRM%2DXL

I got a new Ridge 169g in a trade. It has a place for flight numbers on the back but with no numbers printed (blank). Is this the Ridge I can go out and buy now or do the Ridges for sale out there now have flight numbers? Thanks.

I believe that all 1st run versions of the disc (and all Vibram discs) are black and have no flight numbers on the back.

Steve- Can you give us any new news about Vibram discs that fly further down the fairway?

Alright, which one of you douchebags :wink: bought out all the 177g Ridges from prime?! I put them in my cart, got called away from my computer at work, came back and they were gone!

Jeronimo said:
Alright, which one of you douchebags :wink: bought out all the 177g Ridges from prime?! I put them in my cart, got called away from my computer at work, came back and they were gone!

I think it was TRB? I know he got some from them.

I got in a few first run ridges. Both black and multi-colored. I threw them alongside my proto greens and they fly very similarly. When I throw them well (released flat), they fly straight and hyzer out the last part of their flight. If I OAT'ed them a har, they would turn very slightly and then come back onto a nice straight line. When I threw them with anhyzer, they would sweep left to right and most of the time end up flat (no cuts, or rolls).

The only line I had trouble shaping was the anhyzer line that S-turned for max distance. I will put the wizards away for a little while and see how these hold up. Im hoping I can break one in but Im not sure that will happen

Jeronimo said:

I got 2 of the 177g one...Peppermack bought the rest :lol:

peppermack said:
I have not and did not buy any of them. I am not a ridge thrower. VPs and Ions is my cup of tea!

It'll be a short while after you pick up your first Multi-colored ridge that your collection (and Dodge's wallet) will grow.

Nor did I buy any of the the production run of Ridges. I'm quite content with the proto one I got, which I use for throwing. I did just buy another firm VP though as I'm addicted to putting with them :D

Pat said:
peppermack said:
I have not and did not buy any of them. I am not a ridge thrower. VPs and Ions is my cup of tea!

It'll be a short while after you pick up your first Multi-colored ridge that your collection (and Dodge's wallet) will grow.

nope won't happen, but I do have like 15 Ions now!

OK, it finally happened... I ordered myself the Vibram sampler pack of a Firm Ridge, a Firm VP, and a Regular Summit. How has the durability been for you guys that drive with the Vibrams on a regular basis?

NoLifeLeft said:
OK, it finally happened... I ordered myself the Vibram sampler pack of a Firm Ridge, a Firm VP, and a Regular Summit. How has the durability been for you guys that drive with the Vibrams on a regular basis?

darn things are near indestructible.

NoLifeLeft said:

far and away better than any other putter on the market ... not impervious, but getting a bit roughed up hasn't seemed to alter the flight characteristics.

peppermack said:

I know but it's still fun to bust your balls! :lol:

I love my Ridges, Proto's are sweet but my Floppy X-Link Softs are where it's at for Putting, love how they grab the chains and don't let go!

Tim Red Beard said:
peppermack said:

I know but it's still fun to bust your balls! :lol:

I love my Ridges, Proto's are sweet but my Floppy X-Link Softs are where it's at for Putting, love how they grab the chains and don't let go!

man my junk is sore :D

Since you like the Floppy Ridge, you must spin putt right. I tried pitch putting with the floppies and it does not work so well. I gave up on that though and I am back to my spin/pitch hybrid putting style that works well for me and my VPs.

Latest posts