• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Vibram Discs (don't get caught without your rubber)

Any word on when more Ridges will be hitting online retailers? I LOVE my first-runs, but I need something brighter for drives and approaches.

and just cuz this hasn't been posted here yet......
Vibramdrivin.jpg

cant wait to give these a toss :mrgreen:

:shock: Is that for wetting appetites, or is there information about them available somewhere???

rooneytunes said:
:shock: Is that for wetting appetites, or is there information about them available somewhere???

There's some talk about how they fly over at DGCR. Some people got to test them at Am Worlds. I'm still waiting for Dodge to make me a tester and then I'll get one!

Mad Scientist said:
Any word on when more Ridges will be hitting online retailers? I LOVE my first-runs, but I need something brighter for drives and approaches.

Ditto

I like my 'firm' Ridge but the vendor listed it as 'orange' when it is no brighter than brown farm eggs....
Not Vibram's fault for their description, but we need BRIGHT please.

Mmmmm.......I can't wait for some sweet Vibram Fairway Driver testing action! Sorry to everyone who is not a tester, it is frustrating I know to hear about a disc you can't get. Ask others on here like Dgdave how much I was Pissed Off and grumpy having to hear about the vps for a frigging year.

Got an (light) orange Ridge as a complement for my medium IONs and to replace my Wizards, which all of a sudden just turned into mush one day, without even banging them into anything. The one I had banged into trees occasionally was actually less messed up than the one that hasn't hit anything. The Ridge should hold up better and based on my limited testing I'm liking the flight, it'll make a great companion to my IONs. It also seems to handle wind a bit better, mainly because it doesn't glide that well, which is definitely a plus. The grip is also great (something that always felt uncomfortable with the VP) and it's easier to find a suitable replacement if I happen to lose it (again, more on that later). I'm not able to paw through stacks of discs and have to order blind, so the consistency on X-Link Firm is a major bonus.

The only bad thing I have to say about it is that it stinks, bad. I accidentally threw mine in a still, filthy pond full of... Stuff. Got it out two days later and now it smells like... Well, raw sewage and/or a dead rat is the closest I can think of. It also turned almost grey. I left it in the sink for a while with some dishwashing liquid, which soon got the stains out and most of the smell, hopefully it'll be back to normal in a while.

jubuttib said:
The only bad thing I have to say about it is that it stinks, bad. I accidentally threw mine in a still, filthy pond full of... Stuff. Got it out two days later and now it smells like... Well, raw sewage and/or a dead rat is the closest I can think of. It also turned almost grey. I left it in the sink for a while with some dishwashing liquid, which soon got the stains out and most of the smell, hopefully it'll be back to normal in a while.

Leave it out in the sun for a day, smell will be gone. Same thing works for Tupperware that smells or has an orange tint from tomato sauce.

cjskier said:
jubuttib said:

Leave it out in the sun for a day, smell will be gone. Same thing works for Tupperware that smells or has an orange tint from tomato sauce.
Will try, thanks. I'll approximate doing this tomorrow by keeping it on the top of my putter pocket (very loose mesh) and after that I'll leave it in the sun normally.

A bit worried it'll lose color, like someone mentioned a few pages back. Did you try that out Steve? How were the results?

Need some advice. Been putting with the Banger-GT in Pro D plastic for 3 years and love everything about it. Carry 3 with me at all times. 1 for putting and 2 for driving ( one is the first one I ever got and it is super beat and I keep a new one in there for stable shots ). I throw them for basically everything 240' and in. The problem is that I go through the new ones at a very fast rate due to warping if I hit anything. I like what I've seen in the Vibram durability demos. Which of the Vibram putters are most similar to a Pro D Banger-GT in flight and plastic? I like a putter to be firmish but not hard and like it to be very tacky in feel. I tried the ESP Banger-GT several times but it is way too slick for me.

TheCarGuy said:
Need some advice. Been putting with the Banger-GT in Pro D plastic for 3 years and love everything about it. Carry 3 with me at all times. 1 for putting and 2 for driving ( one is the first one I ever got and it is super beat and I keep a new one in there for stable shots ). I throw them for basically everything 240' and in. The problem is that I go through the new ones at a very fast rate due to warping if I hit anything. I like what I've seen in the Vibram durability demos. Which of the Vibram putters are most similar to a Pro D Banger-GT in flight and plastic? I like a putter to be firmish but not hard and like it to be very tacky in feel. I tried the ESP Banger-GT several times but it is way too slick for me.
Been ages since I threw a Banger-GT, but based on Discraft's flight ratings I'd say a Ridge in X-Link Firm. Straight when thrown hard, great grip and it's firm, but there's some give, it's not KC Pro hard or anything like that. Don't know how you define "firmish", normal X-Link might do fine too. The VP is most likely way too overstable for your purposes (though you might love it anyway) and the Summit is supposed to be understable.

Regular X-Link Ridge should be good for you.

*edit* dammit, got beaten.

TheCarGuy said:

TheCarGuy said:

I'm also a Banger-GT guy. I compliment my Pro-Ds with ESPs for slightly piggish duties. Is the VP a ton more piggish than the ESP Bangers?

Production run VPs are slightly more piggish than an ESP banger. A proto vp is way more
piggish than a banger. I've got a couple for sale if ya want to try one. VPs are also slightly deeper than a banger. I am of course partial to the VP.

RS39 said:
Mad Scientist said:

Ditto

I like my 'firm' Ridge but the vendor listed it as 'orange' when it is no brighter than brown farm eggs....
Not Vibram's fault for their description, but we need BRIGHT please.

Message received loud and clear.

jubuttib said:
cjskier said:
jubuttib said:
A bit worried it'll lose color, like someone mentioned a few pages back. Did you try that out Steve? How were the results?

We are trying that out, with mixed results. Some of the reds fade to an ugly (imo) red/brown. And they fade pretty quickly. Some of them don't seem to fade at all. The next test is to track which of the red color batch was being added and how old it is.

It's funny, I expected to have a solid answer about this in a week.

We are also testing some UV prohibiting stuff in the discs to see if that holds the color in better.

jubuttib said:
TheCarGuy said:
Been ages since I threw a Banger-GT, but based on Discraft's flight ratings I'd say a Ridge in X-Link Firm. Straight when thrown hard, great grip and it's firm, but there's some give, it's not KC Pro hard or anything like that. Don't know how you define "firmish", normal X-Link might do fine too. The VP is most likely way too overstable for your purposes (though you might love it anyway) and the Summit is supposed to be understable.

I concur entirely.

Latest posts