• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Vibram Discs (don't get caught without your rubber)

So I just dyed one of my Ascents and had 2 weird things happen. One, it bled like crazy. It was adhered well, but I think the texture had to do with that. Two, it got a weird dome right in the middle. The dome stayed the same up till about a 2 inch radius in the middle. Weird stuff.

I ordered one of each of their models today, should be shipped soon. After hearing so many great things about their stable flight and grip and durability, i am realy excited :D Hope that ship makes it to europe in a hurry.

i was thrown off today by the UPS guy stopping in front of my house, turned out he was bringing our dog food :(

i got a sweet vomit RIDGE this week from a Vibram sponsored guy. This thing will be $$ come the cold weather!

I just got a ridge with a slightly concave flight plate. This is my first Vibram disc so I'm not sure what to expect. Are the Ridges generally quite flat or even slightly domey or did I get a dud from the 3rd shift crew. It is really only slightly concave but enough to notice when looking at it.

The problem has been addressed and you can return your disc to Vibram for a replacement. Here is Steve Dodge's explanation.

I believe we just found the problem. When I showed the team a collapsed top sample, no one was able to come up with a theory that held water. The rubber compound was the same, the pressure when molding was the same, the color could not cause it. Then today while I was in the molding room we saw a collapsed top on one that had not even been packaged yet. It turns out that there was a molder on 3rd shift that would cool the discs right side up (even though the work instructions clearly state to cool them up side down!) This would cause some of the discs to have weak tops (or totally collapsed tops). We had a retailer return a half dozen discs for this issue last week so I knew something was weird in Denmark.

I talked with QC and they will be talking with the 3rd shift molders and this won't happen again.

If anyone has a collapsed top on their Vibram disc and they would like it replaced, please ship it back to me at the address below with a return address and a date of purchase (I don't need a receipt, just an approximate guess). You pay for shipping to me and I'll pay for shipping of the new one back to you. This should not have happened and if anyone is unhappy with their disc, we will make it right. Send the disc to:

Quabaug Corp.
Steve Dodge / Collapsed Top
18 School St.
North Brookfield, MA 01535

rooneytunes said:
The problem has been addressed and you can return your disc to Vibram for a replacement. Here is Steve Dodge's explanation...

I'm still wondering what a normal dome on a Ridge is like. Is it similar to a Wizard? Or is it quite flat?

The normal dome on a ridge is no dome at all. All my ridges besides the one I received with a sunk top are flat as a board.

rooneytunes said:
The normal dome on a ridge is no dome at all. All my ridges besides the one I received with a sunk top are flat as a board.

Thanks. The one that I have is really only slightly concave. How sunken in is your sunk top?

My X-Link Firm Ridge top has sunken a little overtime but that's normal right? I like the disc and the way she flies. Probably my favorite out of the 3 putters.

Marauder said:
My X-Link Firm Ridge top has sunken a little overtime but that's normal right? I like the disc and the way she flies. Probably my favorite out of the 3 putters.

This is kind of why I was asking. I have no sense how sunken might be normal and how sunken would be due to the infamous 3rd shift.

Latest posts