• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram V.P. Putter does anyone have one?

I've got a firm as well; anybody know if stability varies across the xlink firmness? I imagine there wouldn't be much variation. I recall reading the protos were super beef, more so than production run.

I have had all three and from what I can recall they were uniform in flight in all 3 rubbers. Even the soft... if you can figure out how to grip it and throw it hard

Just received a med. VP In my secret Santa package And I am stoked!!!!

Also received two gummy champ Rhynos today. I can't wait to put them through the paces and see which disc can win out. I had been testing out the 400 PA1 and it's just not comfortable in my hand like the PA4.

I feel the VP vs. Rhyno vs. PA1 is a legit battle. Would you all agree?
I will say the VP feels amazing.

I think the VP will be as stable as the others but ultimately shorter, it just lacks the glide. I throw it for 250 or less left turning shots so its all about the accuracy and placement which it really shines at over the two IMO.

That is one reason I think that the rhyno may win out.
I carry a zone for my OS/Utility disc but it's just too beefy for most golf lines.
I prefer to have an OS driving putter that is still reliable and glidey enough for 300 ft. Drives. Then again, who knows if I can push a rhyno that far either.

The VP is also really good for sticking your shots with no skip or slide. I have found that they sit where they land pretty well. Not sure if everyone has had that same outcome. I play mainly grassy courses though and it may be different on dirt.

That is one reason I think that the rhyno may win out.
I carry a zone for my OS/Utility disc but it's just too beefy for most golf lines.
I prefer to have an OS driving putter that is still reliable and glidey enough for 300 ft. Drives. Then again, who knows if I can push a rhyno that far either.
I already told you what to do! Take the VP and one of the Rhynos, play a round throwing each disc for each shot, stick with what you like the most after the end of the round! If it turns out you like the Rhyno the most, trade me the VP! ;)

The VP is also really good for sticking your shots with no skip or slide. I have found that they sit where they land pretty well. Not sure if everyone has had that same outcome. I play mainly grassy courses though and it may be different on dirt.

this is very true.. i had a vp and gave it to a friend who loves it for approach shots that will stand firm to where they land.. kinda miss that but loving my new pa2 and pa4 a ton. the vp IMO is great for people with big hands and for approach lay ups.. but when i was using it to put it just never seemed to stick the chains as well.

Disc golf websites shouldn't have pictures of discs on them. They make me want to buy things.

Just ordered a medium 174 V.P. It's light purple and light blue. I'm going to replace my Rhyno with it. Just because.

At least I didn't get 50 dollars worth of discs on Marshall Street. You just gotta get that free shipping, you know?

Disc Golf Center, you saved me.

I've seen them go from 20-40 depending on condition and color. Medium or firm? And post a pic please.

The Orange one has no stamp from the machine. No square, circle or whatever. All the other ones do. The purple/black ones have weird ghost stamps on the bottom backside. No pdga tooling on any of them, but all have flight numbers. I believe they are medium.

Last edited:
OK, so here's what I know....or at least I think I know... ;-)

The circle/square/triangle are just mold and/or machine indicators. Does not really mean anything, just a quality control type of thing.

If it has the boxes on the back, with no flight numbers at all .... first run. The orange you pictured (bottom) is an old run, not first or proto. They changed the flight numbers a couple years ago.

If it has no tooling at all (no flight numbers and no boxes where the flight numbers would go) then it is a proto.

I'm not sure about that ghost stamp on the 'blurple' disc.

You can PM me full back pics on the 'blurple' ones and I can try and track down some more info for you. I may be interested in one if you are looking to sell.

I knew about the machines which is why I thought it odd for the Orange not to have any indicator. Thanks for the info! They all appear normal other than that ghost writing except for the lack of pdga approved, really.

Not all have the indicator. IIRC, the first mold/machine does not have one but newer (second, third, etc) do. It was to increase production capacity so they got more machines and duplicate molds.

It's really the stamping (boxes and flight numbers) that mean things for FR and Proto.

I like the color on the 'blurple' though. What weight? And are those 2 both Medium?

That was the first disc they made (KC Championship) so maybe it was from the original letting in the mold or something. Not sure. The KC disc is worth large money, but it has raised lettering.

One is 169 and one 165. Tell ya what, if you want them just call gggt and order it. :). I personally was thinking of flipping them but decided not to. All five are still here so call and ask them to hand pick them out for you. They are all medium vp, all in the back of the sleeve.