• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Warning: Do not play in the current heat wave!

In the heat of the summer months, I try to get out early or maybe on a rainy (but not t-storm obviously) afternoon. Playing under a blazing sun, in the middle of the day, having to constantly chug Gatorade, ain't to fun to this dg'er. When it gets really hot, then I just go swimming :)

at 250 pounds your body requires about 15 pounds of water a day (keep in mind their is water in foods, so you do not actually drink 15 pounds of water)
At 250 pounds I would assume you sweat quite a bit more than a 150 pound companion, so you would need to replace more fluids. You possibly could reach a need for 20 pounds of fluid in a day.

Again, you were not all wrong I was just trollin' :) I was expecting to see Hyperhydration and water intoxication arguments, but to get water intoxication you have to drink about 2 gallons in 10 minutes.

That's cool, troll away. 2 gallons in 10 minutes!? Cheaper that beer!...lol. Let see someone drink 1 gallon of Milk in 5 minutes!

I did a half gallon of yoohoo in 2 minutes. I stopped only because I won. All my competition was throwing up. :)

I should correct that. 1/2 my competition was throwing up, the other half tasted the yoohoo and said nothing was worth drinking that chit! :)

Me, I've been totally wussin' out with the temps/humidity here in Missouri.

Hell, you step out side any time between 8:30am and 8pm and instantly burst into a full blown sweat. After 15 minutes, even with all the water I can drink, exhaustion and delirium are taking hold.

Day before yesterday, I waved a tissue around in the air outside for a few minutes and watched as it became damp just from all the hot moisture in the air. I'd be embarrassed (having lived here all my life) except everyone says the same thing, "It's so hot and humid in MO, I can't stand to be outside..." So, I don't feel that bad.

I've just been setting up a practice basket in my basement and working on my short game. It's no substitute, but the practice is paying off.

Stay cool, keep the sunblock on.

I did a half gallon of yoohoo in 2 minutes. I stopped only because I won. All my competition was throwing up. :)

I should correct that. 1/2 my competition was throwing up, the other half tasted the yoohoo and said nothing was worth drinking that chit! :)

/\ LMFAO!!....what did you win...... A gallon of yoohoo?

People living in the Northeast US, do not go out and play in this heat wave. The UV index along with the temps are way to high to try and play. I know because I played yesterday (July 5th) at 2pm with it being 94F outside.

The first hour was fine but after that it was all downhill. Between not being able to stop sweating and not being able to throw a disc effectively, it was a total waste of time and a risk to my health. Trust me.. anyone who lives in the NE US is not conditioned for this weather, especially go out and play disc golf. Luckily I put sun block on and had 2 liters of water with me.

The real problem came about on the 24th hole (Joseph Davis SP) when I over gripped locked my ESP Avenger SS (BH) and ripped it into the woods to the right. About 40 minutes later I found it but I was totally shot phyically due to the heat/sun exposure. The super thick hedgerows of JD didn't help either but I came home with a major headache and feeling completely drained. I realize that looking for my disc was risky and dumb due to the heat along with playing a 27 hole course.

Be careful out there. If you must play, bring extra water and be prepared to stop and/or play a shorter round.

Thats funny. NY haha. I am in TN and it has been 94+ since May as well. We have had some nice days but mostly hot. Today 97 heat index of 110. The whole week is like this.

Thats funny. NY haha. I am in TN and it has been 94+ since May as well. We have had some nice days but mostly hot. Today 97 heat index of 110. The whole week is like this.

Wallys,the OP,thread starter was a little over a year ago. But it still hold true today. I'm thinking NY is just as hot as you and me this year.

I went out yesterday and the day before around 7-8 PM here in Indy. The heat is rough, but somewhat refreshing as the sun went down. Had my water bottle full and my athletic shorts on. Yeah, I sweat a LOT, but I had some amazing throws and felt great after. A good sweat is always refreshing after a long day at the office.

That being said, 110+ is no joke...I won't go play at 5 when the heat is still melting my face.

I played today in 93 degrees and god knows how high of humidity. No biggie. Just drink agua. You guys falling like leaves out there need to acclimate yourselves a little, get out of the A/C occasionally.

I haven't left my AC in 2 week.

I haven't even thought about playing lately. Between me and Candy I would have to have 20 gallons of water with me each round.

i don't mind the heat...i just don't like my discs being as sweaty as me without even exercising much.

I work on cars in a shop with no a/c and go play 5 times a week. It has been 96+ with at least 70% humidity every day for the past 6 weeks, except the ONE day it rained. I drink nothing but Gatorade and water all day, and take a liter of water and a 32 ounce Gatorade to the course with me. Just keep yourself hydrated and you'll be fine, pansies :)

I haven't left my AC in 2 week.

I haven't even thought about playing lately. Between me and Candy I would have to have 20 gallons of water with me each round.

It's been horrible here in the Chicago area. I went an played with a buddy Tuesday when the temp reached 101. I thought i was seriously gonna go down from heat exhaustion. Got to stay hydrated.:hfive:

Heat index was 106 yesterday. Played three rounds with HCD Studios. One at Ellison, one at Parma, and one at Basil.

I drank about 15 bottles of water, and peed once. Loooong day.:doh:

I don't use sunblock, wear a hat, or bring more water than normal

also I generally birdie every hole when it is 110 index or above

Notice how nobody from the west really complains about heat and humidity. I'm seriously thinking about moving to Denver....

Where the air is thin and you have to be in better physical shape to live? Someone from my area passed out a couple of days ago while in the Denver area for work. The thinner air got to him. Didn't have anything to do with heat.

I just got let out of work because its "too hot". The heat index here in MI is 104, but we have a 10-20 mph breeze. I'm going to play DG today and I can't wait to see how grippy my ESP and Star plastic is.

Latest posts