• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Warning: Do not play in the current heat wave!

its been 100+ since 10 this morning and only going to get hotter. already rode the bike, bout to get my throw on:) never too hot

Way to go NotBob. We have had a month's worth of 100+ days. I'm lugging around more water and wearing a wide brimmed hat but still playing. The heat makes the discs fly better and keeps the riff raff away.

Central Park Dubs tonight !!! Play from the short tees, to limit the time out in the heat. Anyone too skeered will miss out on the chance to cash in the ace pot, which in a tidy $138.

I play in the cold, I can play in the heat.

I protect my bald head with a North Face "runners" type baseball style cap. Mesh sides and a 50 upf? Rating for sun block. It's a awesome cap,wet it down in cold water after a round and it's all good.
I might have to look into one of those, my straw hat just seems a little too hot.

I haven't left my AC in 2 week.

I haven't even thought about playing lately. Between me and Candy I would have to have 20 gallons of water with me each round.
Yeah, it's not good for black dogs right now. I'd be dragging my schnauzer after 12 holes in this heat.

I feel so bad for the OP..here is my weather for the next..rest of my life.
picture.php

I tried to play the other day and for about an hour I was good but then I started to get dizzy and weak, I had to skip the last 2 holes and head home

As of today, there are 14 people confirmed DEAD because of heat-stroke this week alone in my hometown. Today, 105° w/ a heat index of 115°.

I'm supposed to practice for a 36 hole tournament this Sunday... I'm hoping that the heat keeps everyone from practicing. Then again, if it chases all the less committed players away from the tourny... I'll have noone to be hopeful of beating and the local club won't make as much money.:\

I'm not sure why people think this is unusual for New England. I've lived here my whole life (southern NH) and we have one of there heat waves at least every other year and usually 2 - 3 times per summer. The clincher is that most of our courses are in the woods and during the heat wave, the woods downright suck. That all being said, yes be careful, but don't act like this is rare and unheard of. Wouldn't want N'Englander's to look weak eh?

close to 100 in Maryland the last couple days. Don't know what the heat index is...just know it's HOT! Been bustin my butt dropping trees, cutting them up all day during this week in this crappy weather. Afterwards, me and my bud have been going out to play DG. DG was relaxing compared to what many people who work outdoors have to deal with during the heat of the day. Wally's right though...bring plenty of water.

As of today, there are 14 people confirmed DEAD because of heat-stroke this week alone in my hometown.

Yeah, that's not quite accurate. There have been about 2 dozen nationwide who have died of heat related-causes. You don't list your hometown in MO, but St. Louis only has 7-heat related deaths. So if your town has more than that, I'd be curious to hear about it.

All that said, yes, you need to be careful outside. No more than 3 rounds a day, 4 if you're a fast player.

Latest posts