• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Warning: Do not play in the current heat wave!

Lay off him. This is actually what conditions look like in Buffalo today.

hell.jpg

Another week or two of weather like this and all that snow will finally be melted.

Lay off him. This is actually what conditions look like in Buffalo today.

hell.jpg

Another week or two of weather like this and all that snow will finally be melted.

WHOA! I didnt realize that Buffalo was that hot right now, my bad Wally. Are you throwing spike hyzers over the flames?;)

I can't make fun of the warning. I just drove to Memphis and played 2 wooded courses and it was only 88. If I would have driven to Dallas instead, much worse. Maybe the more above sea level you are, the less the intensity? I don't know. When I lived in Atlanta, the summers were not as intense as Louisiana. Atlanta is over 1000 ft. above sea level. Louisiana at it's highest point is around 23 ft. above sea level. Some parts down south are below sea level. Oops there it goes into the gulf. Damn!..Damn!..Damn! (Like Mrs. Evans off of Good Times after her husband died)

c'mon canadians how many celsious?

i think everyone took the warning because we've had the most users logged on shortly after the warning was given

A tad of sympathy for our northern friend and OP----

Even here in South Carolina, where Columbia gave up their denial and adopted the slogan "Famously Hot", the first heat wave of the year takes some getting used to. By now 99 degrees and 99% humidity seem routine, but we once hosted a tournament in June when the temps made their first leap from the 80s to the high-90s, and I thought the whole group might collapse. (In fact, only one person did, but I think the night before was a contributor).

I just checked and the heat index at our course here is 103 with 26% humidity. Not a big deal. I normally will play early morning or early evening rounds. Walk slower and take my time. No rush, just learn to move like they do down south. If I'm pouring with sweat, than maybe only one round of 18 holes. It all depends what you consider fun?

Yeah must be tough, oh wait its been 94+ in Texas since mid May. Man up!

no kidding

90's all the last 3 weeks here in stl mostly, and i played 18 last sunday when the heat index was 105.

bring some extra water and stop being a sissy.

It's your chance to sweat out all those nasty things people should sweat out from time to time!

I say drink lots of water before, during, and after, don't subscribe to any false machoism if you're feeling poorly (I can finish, I can play another round, etc.), and rest frequently.

But still go discin', dudes! :)

As long as you stay hydrated its not too bad. My wife and I recently vacationed to phoenix (call us crazy) and played a round at 112 degrees. Made coming back to CO for low 90s a treat. . .

Now if it were 112 and humid, I think we would have stayed in.

Hahahahah... oh boy. We do live in a different world here in Cali. I am kind of bummed - after a record breaking 13 straight days at 76, the clouds have come out and it's been between 66 and 72 for the last 3 days. Had to put on a sweater this morning as it dipped down to 65. Brrrrr.

Hahahahah... oh boy. We do live in a different world here in Cali. I am kind of bummed - after a record breaking 13 straight days at 76, the clouds have come out and it's been between 66 and 72 for the last 3 days. Had to put on a sweater this morning as it dipped down to 65. Brrrrr.

but you also have droughts, earthquakes and forest fires, so you win some, you lose some.

^^lol

that was MEAN and LOW DOWN.

:thmbup:

These threads make it way too easy... Like someone said awhile back "Hi, I just stopped in for a free post"... Btw hope things are going well. Will u be in town for WN on 7/11?

I am going to play after work today and it's a beautiful day!

Temp: 86F
Humidity: 61%
Heat Index: 92F
UV: 3 - Moderate
Wind: 9 mph

Latest posts