• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Warning: Do not play in the current heat wave!

Getting a few rounds in in the heat is a great way to lose a few pounds. (I need it with m fat ass...)

Being soaked from walking down the first fairway sounds like a good time to me!

plus, you have to worst natural disater in the world.

nancy-pelosi-scary.jpg

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!:thmbup::hfive::clap::D Don't forget about the worst plastic surgery.

Last edited:
I've played Sylmar when it was 113 out there. 18 holes on an exposed hillside. I played 3 rounds and was fine. All you have to do is remember a few things.

1 - Drink plenty of water/sports drinks
2 - Sunscreen
3 - Hats help. Having the top of your head exposed to that amount of sunlight is not good.

Thats how I got real sick. I played too much in the heat we had. I didn't drink enough, and I was sick for 3 weeks. You got to stay hydrated. You need to drink alot before you play. I also wear a large hat to keep the sun off of me.

HAHAH your absolutely right. WE are snow retards. Im just giving you a hard time, heeding your warning is a smart move. It is freakin hot. :)

No prob, I was still logged on and had to defend because I knew some bashing was gonna come my way.

Tip for the day. Take a couple of aspirin before you head out. It'll thin your blood and you'll handle the heat better.

Giving this a try the next time out for sure.

Lay off him. This is actually what conditions look like in Buffalo today.

Another week or two of weather like this and all that snow will finally be melted.

Buffalo actually has really nice weather, especially since climate change has made it more like Viriginia than Alaska the past 10 years... "Summer tends to be very comfortable and sunny. The moderating effects of Lake Erie have allowed Buffalo to be one of very few places in the US to have never had the temperature reach 100ºF (38ºC). Most summer days are in the 70-80's with evenings in the comfortable mid 60's. On average Buffalo has 60 days a year with temperatures reaching over 80 degrees Fahrenheit. Buffalo has more sunny summer days than any other major city in the northeast." - http://wikitravel.org/en/Buffalo_(New_York)

i think everyone took the warning because we've had the most users logged on shortly after the warning was given

I think it was probably everyone who couldn't play due to 100+F in some places. It was actually much more bearable today than it was yesterday here in WNY.

- FYI, heat related deaths every year are more combined than any other forms of natural distaster combined. "During 1999--2003, a total of 3,442 deaths resulting from exposure to extreme heat were reported (annual mean: 688). For 2,239 (65%) of these deaths, the underlying cause of death was recorded as exposure to excessive heat; for the remaining 1,203 (35%), hyperthermia was recorded as a contributing factor." - http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/mm5529a2.htm

In Eastern NC, you adapt to high temps and humidity. Like others have said, it's all good if you stay hydrated and keep yourself in the shade when you can.

But my local courses really take a hit when the heat stays over 90 for a few weeks because I tend not to pick up the trash when it's real hot.

man up! I am 50 years old and last summer I played 450 holes or so in 5 consecutive days in the Texas heat. I have often played over 100 in a day. No rest in between is really needed but you must drink a lot. Donovan just played 1002 and a big portion of that was in extreme heat.

Re: # of heat related deaths.

Yes, but most of those people are the very young children, the sick, or the elderly. Not people who are fit and hale and able to chuck plastic far.

Re: # of heat related deaths.

Yes, but most of those people are the very young children, the sick, or the elderly. Not people who are fit and hale and able to chuck plastic far.

actually many are also athletes who think they are invincible to dehydration and heat stroke, I have been hospitalized twice after races.

(edit: I said many not majority, you are correct about the most at risk demographic)

Last edited:
And x thousand car related deaths. So don't drive your car.

Mostly what people are saying is if you go out hydrate, use sunscreen, and take caution.

so the comparison is more like:
If you go out in your car wear your seat belt, don't speed, and avoid road rage

:popcorn:

I thought you had escaped (or should I say ekscaped?) Beirut for the farm livin' of Green Acres.

not yet, soon.
I will be probably be 2 miles from JRawk, which will save you a lot of gas when you try to "visit" both of our women while we are out playing disc golf.

i just played 4 new courses today. first one was at 8 am and 89 degrees. by 10am it had reached 100 and by noon it was 102. it reached 106 on the highway