• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Washington DC area discers!

RedHotCujo

Hey guys, just moved to the DC area from AZ...looking for some new throwin buddies. Hit me up or reply to this thread if you want to play next time it gets nice out.. Im willing to travel to the surrounding courses and have only played a couple so far.
\heading out today to check out turkey hill if you happen to catch this
FYI im around top int/adv skill level if you care

The Maryland disc golf group is pretty active on FB. Kinder and Fredrock have pretty active groups on FB although a solid hour away with no traffic - lol. Closer and metro accessible there is dubs at Calvert on Sunday mornings and Tuesday nights and often people there, old school pitch n putt course course. Seneca is the premier course in the area and has dubs on Wednesdays and often people there. Rockburn is a great course, I don't think there are any dubs right now, can be hit or miss trying to play with others. Druid Hill in Bmore is probably the most active scene, always people there. About an hr and half away is my course at the brewery/Creeping Creek, hopefully I'll be playing again soon.

On the Virginia side you have some OK stuff closer to the city (Bluemont is an excellent 9 hole course, Giles Run is a collection of 18 great holes with some of the most confounding rough to be found anywhere) but some really great stuff a bit farther away. Hawk Hollow (Western Spotsylvania- reopens in February for the spring) is top 15 on this site, Lake Marshall (Montross- open for play again in next few weeks) is not on this site yet but headed for the top 10 eventually, Freedom Center (Lucketts- probably won't open until fall- maybe late spring though) will likely be Virginia's best fully wooded course.

Though I didn't create this thread, thanks to all of you for the rundowns. It is very much appreciated, look forward to playing some of these (all I have played so far is Franklin and Burke Lake).

Like Bisco said, plenty of fun stuff if you head down to the Fredericksburg/Spotsy area..Hawk Hollow and the Blockhouse are both well worth the drive..Pratt and Loriella are fun to play if you are in the area, and I have yet to play the new Steve Dodge designed Curtis memorial park, which is up that way as well.
If you find your way down to Charlottesville, be sure to play Walnut Creek..(which I consider my home course for now)

Based on this thread, just pulled into Rockland, waiting out the rain for a bit. Certainly nice out here though (and looks like I have the course to myself today).

I think rockland in front royal is worth the trip also. Plus you can go to the best burger joint ever, Spelunkers cavern burgers!

Excellent call on both of these. After playing Rockland this morning, and grabbing lunch (and a frozen custard cone to go) at Spelunkers, I will say I like VA more today than I did yesterday.

Excellent thanks for the tips guys! Apparently my thread notifications aren't working, but it looks like it will be a nice one tomorrow, I will definitely be hitting one of these course up!

Another great thing about Rockland is that you can get a second 18 in at either Sherando, Singal View or Jim Barnett Park. All about 15 minutes away. Apple Valley has it going on.

As for the Cold it just makes the Spring and the Fall all that much better.

I got to play Pratt and Loriella parks today. They were worth the trip from Rockland park for sure. Pratt was certainly the easier layout and would qualify as "more fun" to most golfers. Loriella was beautiful and a great challenge from the long tees.

Latest posts