• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ways to throw

What way do you throw?

• Forehand

Votes: 55 41.0%
  • Backhand

Votes: 123 91.8%
  • Tomahawk

Votes: 43 32.1%

• Total voters

Bglo

Par Member
i was just wondering what kind of throws everyone does?
Forehand
Backhand
Tomahawk

what way do you primarily throw is what i should of said

Whatever the hole calls for. I can use my FH & BH with equal precision... only Overhand when I need to.
But, i guess if I had to choose only one I would say BH.
DSCJNKY

This should be interesting to find this out. I wonder what makes a brand new beginner decide how to throw. I think most people throw what they fell comfortable to them, whether it is forehand or backhand. For me, I picked up a disc and knew that I should throw it backhand, just felt comfortable for me.

It seems like lots of beginners can get quick and easy distance with a FH toss, pushing them over 300 feet within a few weeks of play, but ultimately backhand seems to yield a higher distance potential for most. My FH is abysmal, I would drive with thumbers before forehands.

BH and FH primarily, with the occasional tomahawk.

I throw both FH and BH and usually at least a couple times during a round I will use a tomahawk when it is called for. Just depends on shot that I need to make.

I throw almost completely backhand (RH), but I throw a few forehand shots most rounds as get out of trouble shots or when I need a hard right turn with a skip. My overhand shots are terrible, as soon as I figure out rollers, that's my next project.

Backhand maybe like 60%, Forehand about 35%, and Thumbers the other 5%. At the beginning of the year though I was throwing Thumbers all the time but my rotator cuff can't take that kind of frequency anymore. So I learned Backhand and then Forehand this spring/summer and now they dominate my throws.

Forehand off the tee. Backhand under 100'. Tommy/Thumber when in trouble behind trees and such. I've been working on my backhand for a year and it still sucks.

It honestly changes on every hole. If I had to pick ONE way I would go with RHBH.

I throw RHBH, but when I want it to curve right, I will throw RHFH...problem is my last 3 rounds, my FH has not been turning! It goes straight and long, and curves off a bit to the left even on the end. Usually I try to FH my Valk or Sidewinder, but even my Wraith went straight and just barely curved off to the right. Just wish I could do that consistently on tunnel shots!

Use them all...

Normally: RHBH
For Dogleg Right:RHFH
Get over bushes and outta trouble: Tomahawk

I throw RHBH, but when I want it to curve right, I will throw RHFH...problem is my last 3 rounds, my FH has not been turning! It goes straight and long, and curves off a bit to the left even on the end. Usually I try to FH my Valk or Sidewinder, but even my Wraith went straight and just barely curved off to the right. Just wish I could do that consistently on tunnel shots!

Time to disc up in stability to keep that RHFH going to the right.

Latest posts