• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Westside tursas

They seem to be slightly more stable than the Fuse. The glide is similar. They are generally very similar to the Fuse. At least in Gold Line / TP, I haven't thrown the Opto / VIP. Both like smooth power delivery, the Tursas can handle a little bit more torque without burning. Both are very understable. It's definitely a finesse disc.

Last edited:
They seem to be slightly more stable than the Fuse.
My Opto Tursas was definitely more understable than either the GL or Opto Fuse. The Fuse has that controllable turn whereas Tursas just flips to the right.

Both are also very glidey so not recommended for windy weathers.

My Opto Tursas was definitely more understable than either the GL or Opto Fuse. The Fuse has that controllable turn whereas Tursas just flips to the right.

I agree, My 179 gram TP Tursas is definitely less stable then all my Fuses. Great for turning shots that won't fade.

Weird, I guess I got a particularly understable Fuse then, cause my Fuse is definitely more understable than the Tursas.

Yeah, you definitely got a freak fuse, then. Fuses should be closer to neutral than a tursas.

Any feedback on the Tursas? Any comparisons to the Fuse, or a Meteor? Thanks all.

*** I did do a search and I couldn't find the Tursas in the results. Sorry if this is a repeat.

No... I dont think you did. "Tursas" in the advanced search feature, filter to display results with tursas in the title and select westide as a prefix turns up this.
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/search.php?searchid=7179024

sometimes just doing simple one one word search without selecting other options doesnt cut it.

No... I dont think you did. "Tursas" in the advanced search feature, filter to display results with tursas in the title and select westide as a prefix turns up this.
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/search.php?searchid=7179024

sometimes just doing simple one one word search without selecting other options doesnt cut it.

I clicked "Search this Forum" and typed "Tursas". If I did this incorrectly, I apologize for any discomfort it may have brought you.

I clicked "Search this Forum" and typed "Tursas". If I did this incorrectly, I apologize for any discomfort it may have brought you.

I did have a little discomfort lol. Just future reference, you'll have better results clicking that, and then clicking "advanced"

So, I picked up a 173gm TP AND VIP Tursas. Thrown them both a bit the past couple days and the TP I got is WAY more stable than the VIP. The VIP is almost Crazy Understable. The TP I bought is white and the VIP is sparkle red. Anyone get else get the same results?

So, I picked up a 173gm TP AND VIP Tursas. Thrown them both a bit the past couple days and the TP I got is WAY more stable than the VIP. The VIP is almost Crazy Understable. The TP I bought is white and the VIP is sparkle red. Anyone get else get the same results?

Typically VIP molds up slightly more stable to overstable than TP for most discs but its a general and often broken rule.

Both of my Tursas are TP. Both are pretty understable, but not unexpectedly so. I think I heard something about matte white TP molding up more stable in the past, but this recollection is vague and at present only serving to propagate a probably false mythology.

If you want to know how stable a disc is, compare the PLH (parting line height) to one of the same mold that flies the way you like. The higher the PLH the more stable -> overstable the disc should be. The lower it is, the more understable.

Beyond that, feel free to join us and rant in the disc inconsistencies thread : http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116686

Nearly aced with my Tursas yesterday - bounced off the top of the basket.

Love the slow, steady turn of this disc.

Good thread. I read through the entire thread and there seemed to be a lot of Fuse, Meteor, and Stingray comparisons. From what I've gathered it's not as neutral as a Fuse, not as speed reliant for turn as a Meteor, and seems to be preferred by avid Stingray enthusiasts for one reason or another. Is that somewhat correct?

I noticed that many of those ranting and raving earlier in the thread (2013) are still listing this disc in their signatures. I'd like to know how the Tursas has seasoned over time from you guys. How does a VIP/TP Tursas compare to an X Stratus?

Definitely close to Stingray here - nearly missed aces with both - they really both have gentle slow turn, which makes them predictable and valuable to one with no forehand game.

I renewed my love for the Tursas tonight! It was out of my bag for a little while. I was trying out other discs, trying see what I really needed/didnt need. I put it back in for tonights round. Its a TP thats seasoned beautifully into a hyzer flip monster. I nearly aced one hole, I believe clipping the pole under the basket as I heard a ping, and not a ching. It was clutch in a couple other situations tonight having to hit a narrow line with before turning right toward the green.

Big shout out for this mold, easily the best US mid I've thrown yet. On a dogleg right downhill, I'll throw it around 40% power with a little anny, and it will hold the line and glide until next Tuesday. As someone with literally no forehand, this thing really comes in handy. For a flippy disc, it's very controllable and predictable.

Big shout out for this mold, easily the best US mid I've thrown yet. On a dogleg right downhill, I'll throw it around 40% power with a little anny, and it will hold the line and glide until next Tuesday. As someone with literally no forehand, this thing really comes in handy. For a flippy disc, it's very controllable and predictable.

Surprisingly the Tursas is pretty good for forehand shots. As long as you back off the power (like 40-50%) its a great hyzer flip mid that can stay pretty straight (obviously its super US but i did really love it for a while in this role and FH/BH turnovers). They can crush in tailwinds too. Great mold... I don't have it in the bag any more but I did get a cubby ace with mine a couple years back on a short FH shot

Completely agree. I rarely throw this disc, but when I need a disc for just that certain shot, this is perfect. I probably only threw this disc about 5 times last year, but when I needed it, I had no question the Tursas would not let me down. Really useful for super quick finishing backhand rollers to get around corners when a forehand just isn't possible for whatever reason. Also can be powered down really well for tunnel shots, but I usually have a putter for this shot.

Last edited: