• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What a fun throw in Wisconsin

Ryhatz8

472222_553030727754_292300253_927859_2089233226_o.jpg

Do you "frolf" or do you Disc GOLF. Check out this hole at Winter Park in Kewaunee. The pin is where you see the small white circle, just down and to the left of the middle telephone pole with the transformer on it. Pro Par 3, Am Par 4.

With a good throw you can easily get to the basket off the tee, My first throw was perfect at the distance of the pin but about 70 feet to the left. And because your cant resist, you have to throw at least one more drive... My second I ripped it as hard as I could and turned it over a bit to my surprise(180g Nuke), it went over that big pole building on the right, hit the end of the drive way and skipped over the road. Well over 800 feet with the skip.

The picture does not do it justice, its over a hundred foot elevation change. That hill to the right of the small building is even like a 40 or more foot elevation change. It is much higher and steeper than it appears in the photo.

From the crest of the hill behind the tee, down to the elevation of the road is 160' elevation change. The hole plays on about 125' elevation change. Which doesn't seem like much, but what makes it play a bit longer is that at the end of the tubing runs (starting at the small building on the left), the fairway flattens out for about another 200'. The drop down to the road is about 25' once you go over the basket.

I love throwing rocs and putters off that tee just to see how far they'll go. Definitely a fun hole, I always wish there was a way to make it the last hole of the course rather than the slightly anticlimactic shots that follow it.

Damn, gonna be back in Wisco this weekend but can't get away to Kewaunee. Wish I could come throw with you again Tim.

I usually do empty my bag on this but I get tired of collecting and remembering where all the discs end up.

I agree. Need some sort of disc return system, I could throw that drive all day, so much fun. As long as my throws are near the basket I keep throwing. I had to cut the fun short last time cause i threw it over the road and wanted to go get it. LOL

Damn, gonna be back in Wisco this weekend but can't get away to Kewaunee. Wish I could come throw with you again Tim.

You'll have to come visit me and check out my newest project in Marquette, MI - I MOVED! I've relinquished caretaker control and some creative license for minor changes to 'GB Phil G'. He loves it out there and will make sure things stay in line. The course existing layout will always remain (unless County related issues require changes), both out of historical significance and because I put so much blood, sweat, and even money into that course that I don't even know how to tally it all! But who knows, maybe he'll add a few new tees and some alternate pins (check out the new #4 alternate next time you're out).

I've got a layout drafted for a course here. The local club is new and needs some help - I'm jumping in head first! It helps that the land for the proposed course belongs to the company I work for, and I can represent the interests of both the landowner and disc golf club seamlessly.

Latest posts