• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What about a new pro division?

Sigh, let it go Huey. No response, the high road. Dont you have some stumps to chop on the new course that you labored thousands of hours to build for Matt and the rest of us?

Chew on that Matt, and do something productive.

By the way, there is no pro division. People playing for little more than entree fees in the form of cash and people playing for entree fees in the form of merchandise.

Sigh, let it go Stan.

Okay, I will. I will get out there and put up some temp tee signs for the Beaver Jam next weekend.

Good.

Thanks.

No problem.

Sigh, let it go Huey. No response, the high road. Dont you have some stumps to chop on the new course that you labored thousands of hours to build for Matt and the rest of us?

By the way, there is no pro division. People playing for little more than entree fees in the form of cash and people playing for entree fees in the form of merchandise.

Sigh, let it go Stan.

Okay, I will. I will get out there and put up some temp tee signs for the Beaver Jam next weekend.

Good.

Thanks.

No problem.

Kapow (THREAD)

Sigh, let it go Stan.

Good.

Thanks.

No problem.

Your not my Dad, "Stan."

If I dont internet argue my mind goes crazy and I have to leave work early to mow. Keeps me sane, see...

Can't argue with this, in most cases.

BUT...

Tourneys also have "added" cash. Where that cash comes from can be a variety of sources. How common is it to have a higher percentage of added cash than the entry fee total? Does that ever happen? In the modern game? (I believe it used to be more common in the Whamm-O days, right?)

Tourneys also have "added" cash. Where that cash comes from can be a variety of sources. How common is it to have a higher percentage of added cash than the entry fee total? Does that ever happen? In the modern game? (I believe it used to be more common in the Whamm-O days, right?)

Depends on the tier. The Green Mountain Championship is an A-Tier with $8,000 added cash. With a $100 entry fee for Open, you would need 80 open players to match the added cash.

Mmm...Delicious entrees. We do that for Winter Warriors, where you can pay in canned or box goods that are given to the Food Bank of the Rockies. But mostly I pay entry fees.

:::self high-five:::

We've had quite a few events here in CO this year go trophy only, and they don't even have low entry fees (except the Denver Classic) and they still fill up. For example, the MHC this year was 45 bucks for every Am division, in a one day C-Tier. Trophy only, it sold out in less than 24 hours.

The pro side still has around 20 spots open.

Food for thought.

Here in LA, we have the opposite problem. Our Open division pool is fairly deep, including some 'Super Pros'. Because of that alot of Adv guys don't want to move up and just give their money to Rico, Rathwaite, Mcbeth or the several others who are here. This also creates clogging in the lower divisions. You need to shoot about 970 rated to win Int around here.

I made a typo on Brathwaite. Sorry, Philo. Both my typing and my eyesight are going byebye.

Back on topic. I played the Summertime Open last weekend in Int. 13 year old Connor Wright threw ridiculous golf and anded up winning int and would have been 2nd in adv and 2 slots out of the cash in Open. His 2nd round -3 on the upper course was 990+ rated. I didn't shoot so good. 950 first round and then averaged 880 for the next 2. whoops. Finished 6th in my div.