• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What are the best courses in TEXAS?

What is the best course in TEXAS?

• Austin Ridge

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Circle C

Votes: 5 8.9%
  • Harry Meyers

• Lake Nacogdoches

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Lester Lorch Beaver

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Lester Lorch Coyote

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • Lindsey Gold Dogwood

• Roy Guerrero

• Selah Creekside

• Selah Lakeside

Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Shawshank

Votes: 5 8.9%
  • Texas Army Trail

• Towne Lake

• Turner Park

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • Veterans

• Total voters
Selah Lakeside is the best course I've played.

That said, I really enjoy playing William Cameron in Waco. It's not a "great" course, but it's always been fun when I was there... and lunch or dinner at George's, and a few beverages at the Big O, makes the trip an event.

#1- Selah Lakeside
#2- Selah Creekside
#3- Roy G
#4-Mt Lebanon Baptist Camp
#5-Veterans Park

^^ Austin is definitely a DG Mecca in TX.

Lots of (solid) courses, lots of clubs, lots of minis, and plenty of tourneys year round.

With Roy G and Circle C we should have 2 of the top-rated 10 or 20 courses in the State.

Manor/Wilco/Ridge aren't far behind, if not more fun for your style.

Having DiscNation down on Slaughter Ln is cool, too. The PIAS on Anderson Ln is the #2 seller of DG stuff in the nation behind I think he said the Richardson store? Some newer one around Dallas just overtook them.

Last edited:
I've mainly only played stuff in the DFW area. Every time I'm in Austin I never have time for DG. Only things I've played outside the area is Lindsey Park in Tyler (Pretty Awesome) and Jack Brooks Cedar Hills (Didn't much like it, didn't live up to the hype). From what I've played

Z Boaz
Lester Lorch - Coyote
and of course Today's Course Photo of the day
Bicentennial

I haven't played any courses in Austin (only played Rivery I think it was in RR or G-Town) so I need to go check some of those out. Same with Dallas, I never brought my discs any time I went there to visit. I have only really played San Antonio, North Houston, and Nacogdoches

The Baptist church in Desoto is heavily overated, but then again I have both Lorch park courses in Cedar Hill (Cayote and Beaver), and Veteran's all near my along with Turner park just a stone throws away. The one time my guys wants to hit Zboas I wind up alone on a course with no course map nor able to join in a round with someone that knows the area other then a large group of drunks arriving and acting like idiots. I know Crowley is suppose to be fun, but I've always been the type not to play a course alone when I should be able to at least join someone for a round when I'm new to the course.