• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] What are the best throwing putters of all time?

What is the best throwing putter of all time?

• Wizard

Votes: 37 21.0%
  • Aviar

Votes: 12 6.8%
  • Big Bead Aviar

Votes: 20 11.4%
  • Luna

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • Envy

Votes: 53 30.1%
  • Proxy

Votes: 14 8.0%
  • Jokeri

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • Judge

Votes: 13 7.4%
  • Crown

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Rhyno

Votes: 12 6.8%
  • Scale

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • Pure

Votes: 24 13.6%
  • Other(write in the comments)

Votes: 32 18.2%

• Total voters

Moose33

Stego Connoisseur
Gold level trusted reviewer
Hey guys, I am thinking about making a video covering all time great throwing putters.

I was talking to a few folks at league last night about the Envy potentially being the best, but there of course were many opinions. I've put some popular options in the poll but feel free to write in any you think are great.

Might be interesting to see the Magic, Spin, or Mirage on there for US reps. People like the Maiden for that too??

EDIT: Shield, although similar to the Crown and Judge, is pretty great in premium plastic for throwing.

Unless you prefer an OS putter the 86 Softies would be high on your list.

Envy and Proxy are tops in my book, although I personally don't feel the need to bag both. Proxy is just an Envy with less fade. So whether you want a Baby Teebird flight (Envy) or just straight as an arrow with minimal lateral wriggle (Proxy), gyro really is hard to beat.

I slot some of my beat Judges into the understable/workable thrower role, but honestly that can be done by any beat putter. I don't think Judges are an all-time great thrower, they are just what works great for me. Zones, if considered a putter, would also be up on the Proxy/Envy pedestal.

McPro Aviar. It doesn't have that really slow, clunky feel some putters do. The McPro Aviar will cover decent distance if you really lay into it.

Pretty neutral flight. It turns a little, and doesn't fade much late.

The McPro Aviar is my favorite Aviar variant, and I feel it does the best out of all of them for distance throwing.

Ricky Wysocki uses the Wysocki Pig from the tee box. Mostly forehand...but he does use it for an all around disc. The Wysocki Pig isn't the same as the Pro Pig.

I'll go to my grave saying the Zone is a mid not a p&a mold. I've been really into the AviarX3 for a while now as a thrower. I've also thought the PA4 was a fantastic thrower in premium plastic.

Most people really dig the Envy & it seems like that's a prime choice. I didn't like the microbead on it.

P2/Warden
Nova
Polecat
PA series from prodigy
newer releases like the Ohm, Invader, Tomb, Deputy, or Maiden

Latest posts