• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What are your favorite 2 discs in your bag to throw?

I thought I was the only person in the world throwing a wrath. I love having a sub-160 driver that holds up to a full forehand rip. Don't know if it's gyro magic or something else but it's a winner.
Yeah, the Wrath has been a staple in my bag for years now. I've been throwing it since it first came out, only took it out for a little while to try some other discs, but it quickly came back. I agree about the weight too. I throw mid 160's Wraths, and they're still nicely stable without being meathooks. It's great to have a disc that you can just be confident of what it does every time.

This year Ive been sticking to what I know well.

1. RDG Scale fossil superglow.. I throw this alongside my "driving" Wizards, but the Scale is just so reliable, does little baby flexes and hyzers, then just hits and sits. I use it on nearly every hole for an upshot.

2. Seasoned 11x Teebird. I mean, it's a seasoned 11x teebird. Nuff said.

Those superglow scales are possibly the best feeling run there has been. I think I prefer the new tarpit, but old me would probably want that extra stiffness of the glow.
Seasoned 11x teebirds are amazing. I blew two up over the winter of 2020-21 despite it being not terribly cold... I picked up some craves (which were apparently more stable than average, but I didn't know then) and those filled that slot better than most teebirds.

Whatever I'm throwing now, and whatever I'm throwing next.

Chances are whatever I threw previously didn't work out so well 😐

If I could only use one disc for the rest of my life, it would be a 180g Glow DX Roc. If I were to pick two, it would probably be the Roc and a Jackalope.

I could play a whole round with just my Axiom Hex and MVP Ohm.
You putt with the Ohm? I found out Sheep putts with it, and I already have a ton of putters I have been experimenting with, but eying an Ohm as one to try anyways. If it is your putting putter, likes and dislikes? Thanks!

You putt with the Ohm? I found out Sheep putts with it, and I already have a ton of putters I have been experimenting with, but eying an Ohm as one to try anyways. If it is your putting putter, likes and dislikes? Thanks!
Discerdoo is big on the ohm... it's a good stable putter, feels a little taller and more glide than the Watt but pretty similar. Ohm a good straight disc with a neutral slightly stable flight. The Ohm is a lot like a broken in envy, it putts fairly well for me and it's a decent thrower.

Find a neutralish putter that you love the hand feel of and go from there. If it feels good, it will putt good.

Last edited:
I've just tried a bunch of different putters and I forget who recommended the Ohm to me. I was putting with the Gateway Wizard, but wanted to see if there was an MVP/Axiom option. I had gotten the Atom in a MVP Circuit Challenge, but it just didn't feel right to me. It seems to be more of a throwing putter, which isn't what I was looking for. Tried the Ohm and it just feels right for my putts. The only thing I don't like about it is that it doesn't always go in the basket - but maybe, just maybe, that is me and not the putter. I'm not liking it as a throwing putter, either off the tee pad or for upshots. It just doesn't work for me as anything but a putting putter. I'm still trying to find my upshot disc, currently I use the DGA Breaker and I'm waiting for the Tempo to be available as that might work for upshots.

So as a putting putter...the Ohm just feels right.

I have experimented with over 30 putters, and so far for putting and approach, I like the soft Magnet. Feels good in my hand, and good with fan grip, and decent for hyzer or anhyzer to get around trees when I need to. But, like all my putters and mid ranges, I suck with a power grip. Going to try to get my son to video me again Friday - hopefully see what I am still doing wrong. Just started trying out a PA3 that is showing some potential. I bought a used Atom Circuit Challenge - some days it putts real nice for me, but other days it wants to get a bit floaty, fade hard, and too often ends up leaving me too long of a second putt. Got a Fierce coming in the mail - see if it lives up to the hype I hear lately. Fierce Pierce - just rolls off the tongue - lol. Still a few more I want to try - especially the Ohm - but sooner or later I really feel like I got to pick one, get up to ten of it, and really work on getting to know it and improve with it. Then the rest will mostly sit around unused - ugh! Thank you for sharing (about the Ohm).

Harp (especially flicking it at the basket, probably my favorite shot), Lucid Vandal. My 1x Grace might be taking over the Vandal if I can eagle this one hole with it.

It was a Grace, but then i lost it.
Now it had to be Mvp Fission Octane.

And second is absolutely Rive, it is very stable, but it flies very well...

I have experimented with over 30 putters, and so far for putting and approach, I like the soft Magnet. Feels good in my hand, and good with fan grip, and decent for hyzer or anhyzer to get around trees when I need to. But, like all my putters and mid ranges, I suck with a power grip. Going to try to get my son to video me again Friday - hopefully see what I am still doing wrong. Just started trying out a PA3 that is showing some potential. I bought a used Atom Circuit Challenge - some days it putts real nice for me, but other days it wants to get a bit floaty, fade hard, and too often ends up leaving me too long of a second putt. Got a Fierce coming in the mail - see if it lives up to the hype I hear lately. Fierce Pierce - just rolls off the tongue - lol. Still a few more I want to try - especially the Ohm - but sooner or later I really feel like I got to pick one, get up to ten of it, and really work on getting to know it and improve with it. Then the rest will mostly sit around unused - ugh! Thank you for sharing (about the Ohm).
It's possible the issue you are having with throwing a putter with a power grip is the depth of the rim. The deeper rim can cause your fingers to get 'caught' during the release. I know that happens with me and putters. I will only throw a putter/putter approach with a fan grip. Even when I throw one forehand, I move my fingers lower so they are near the edge of the rim instead of against the flight plate.

The only putter I throw off the tee is the PA3. I have not had much success with any others. And I put with Judges.

Currently the Infinite Discs Raze and any one of my Innova Banshees.
Raze because it's new-ish and I'm still figuring it out, but loving throwing it on a whole variety of angles. Banshee because it's totally reliable and you always know what you're going to get.

Opposite ends but:
Stego just for the lolz. Weird half-overhand half-forehand extreme annys that flex out and sit flat, a stupid disc you only need on stupid spruce rainforest disc golf courses.

Lightweight Valkyrie, I'm not great at backhand but when I hit it just right and it flips up and carries forever* that's just *chefs kiss*

*300'

It's possible the issue you are having with throwing a putter with a power grip is the depth of the rim. The deeper rim can cause your fingers to get 'caught' during the release. I know that happens with me and putters. I will only throw a putter/putter approach with a fan grip. Even when I throw one forehand, I move my fingers lower so they are near the edge of the rim instead of against the flight plate.
The mid ranges and putters don't even feel right in my hand with a power grip. Feel big, clunky, and loose and wobbly, like I can't hold them snug - just awkward. IDK - I need to try all my mid ranges and putters with a power grip one more time, and if none will come out decent consistently, give up on that for now. I will work on my form and technique with drivers, and if I eventually find a breakthrough there, and get a lot better, then I can revisit whether or not I can get mids and putters to fly right. But yeah, putters with a fan grip, under 100', that is my comfort zone.

Latest posts