• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What are your favorite 2 discs in your bag to throw?

How's the stability on that Z metallic Comet? It's the only blend I haven't thrown...
It's more neutral than any other MJ offering since the glow esp.. but i didnt try this years..kinda like big z (meatball) with a better dome, kinda flattish but a good medium shoulder. Flies like my z's with a year or two of wear. More straight stable.

Neo Origin and Gold River for daily duties, just perfect amount of flip up and glides for days. Very easy to control.

Most fun disc all categories....Opto Maul. My god the lines if has flown! Long tunnel with a slight left drift flips up drifts slightly right and tap in bird! Poety in motion!!

Not sure if I've already answered this, but what the hell.

Stego - most predictable disc I've come across. RHBH it's finishing short and left. RHFH it's finishing short and right. I've always struggled with touchy approaches, but the stego is just a no brainer if you've got room to work it.

Thrashed DX Beast - least predictable disc I own, but hella fun. Hyzerflip to turnover, hyzerflip to roller, hyzerflip from a standstill, patent pending that needs to turnover, I'm looking at you, ugly Beast. It had gotten soo flippy over the past year that I actually sanded the burrs off of the rim, which made it slightly less fliptastic. I have a problem (or maybe it's not really a problem) with not playing smart golf and this disc absolutely feeds into it. Throwing the beast on some ridiculous line is basically never the smart play, but damn is it fun when it works out!

I think that my 2 favortie discs would be 1. Older s-line PD. I have 3 that are worked in to exactly how I like them that I rotate in and out of the bag. I have never thrown a disc that resists turn and refuses to fade as much as a seasoned PD. I out throw my distance drivers with it consistently. 2. 10 year Buzz. Definition of point and shoot. I have quite a few Buzzes that I like, but the 10 year is still my favorite.

I think that my 2 favortie discs would be 1. Older s-line PD. I have 3 that are worked in to exactly how I like them that I rotate in and out of the bag. I have never thrown a disc that resists turn and refuses to fade as much as a seasoned PD. I out throw my distance drivers with it consistently. 2. 10 year Buzz. Definition of point and shoot. I have quite a few Buzzes that I like, but the 10 year is still my favorite.
Is the top of the 10 year Buzzz basically the same domey shape as the modern production runs?

I saw one that had the 10 year stamp, and "wasp tooling", but it was just a modern Buzzz with the big, raised "WASP" inside the rim - which is nothing like what the actual "Wasp tooled Buzzz" was. The OGs were flat topped like a Zone, and "WASP" was faintly pressed into the rim (the only thing that was - this was back when the patent info was on the underside of the flight plate, rather than the inside of the rim), like how "CRUSH" used to be pressed into Flicks (because they shared a mold piece). The 20 year Buzzzes seemed no different, to me...

Is the top of the 10 year Buzzz basically the same domey shape as the modern production runs?

I saw one that had the 10 year stamp, and "wasp tooling", but it was just a modern Buzzz with the big, raised "WASP" inside the rim - which is nothing like what the actual "Wasp tooled Buzzz" was. The OGs were flat topped like a Zone, and "WASP" was faintly pressed into the rim (the only thing that was - this was back when the patent info was on the underside of the flight plate, rather than the inside of the rim), like how "CRUSH" used to be pressed into Flicks (because they shared a mold piece). The 20 year Buzzzes seemed no different, to me...
I only have one 10 year Buzzz and it is pretty flat. The 20 year ones that just came out have more dome than this one does and have the same profile as newer buzzzes. They are a good run, just not a re-creation of the old Wasp tooled Buzzz. The couple older skinny tooled buzzes that I have are board flat which the 10 year isn't.

Buzzz and Wraith

I have flown and taken just those two discs, along with a Beast and a putter.

...The baseline or KC roc is particularly good for a cycle, ...

Fixed that part for you...

Newer players may try to cycle the more Premium Plastic Roc...

A Premium plastic Roc is good one end of a good Roc cycle only, of course I don't play enough anymore to really beat up a Premium Roc.

Element and the new Realm from Gateway no doubt! Dead straight with a ton of glide on the Element (4 in the bag) and an overstable bomber 12 speed for the Realm (I prefer the Superglow run).