• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What disc are you planning on bagging or anticipating the most used for 2021?!

My bag is staying the same. There may be a time when I buy a new disc to try out. But at this point my bag is pretty solid.

well gyro mids suck

but to answer your main question im not changing a thing until i lose a disc and even then im going to throw in whatever i have in my trunk lulz

Lol you aren't entirely wrong! My putters go too far.. That reactor wasn't something I sought out, more something I ended up with since I have ppp (plastic purchasing problems) and I wanted to see glow 2.0.. Turns out a heavy, glidey mid was something I could use.. It's no wasp but since my arms old and I lost my broken in one haha it's what I need.

I might be pulling out this season the POS 2 in glide flat with mini dome top starting about 1/2 on top part of wing Champion Archon if that disc does not hold up in wind on the Valkyrie line. I bought it thinking I might have an Eagle flight 11 speed disc, but nope I do not. I also have some Champion Destroyer discs that work in wind, more the 170 gram over the 167 gram in really high winds.

I might need to if I play like I did in 2018-2019 Get my Pro Shark out of bag if it gets to the US point my 166 gram Lighting #2 Upshot in Prostyle is at and in comes a 175 gram Lighting #2 Upshot in Prostyle ( I did order in 2020 a 167 gram got wrong disc) for the slot the ~175 gram Pro Shark is worn to, the straight shot is made due to disc being heavier and newer by almost by 15 years, it was January 2005 when I got the 166 gram Lighting #2 Upshot in Prostyle.

Last edited:
Tried two new discs for their slots today and hated it lol. Deflector and Cipher failed to keep the Justice and Tyrant out of their spots.

The M1 however... it's giving the Bard a run.

My drivers will probably change a whole bunch over the year.

But I know Myths and Comets will stay in my bag and they'll get thrown a whole bunch.

I'm in the process of finally switching back to a pitch putt style after using a spin for several years now. I'm still using my Jawbreaker Roaches & am excited for them to become more available again so I can get some more.

Other than that I'm focusing on reducing molds as much as I can to keep my game simple. It's hard to do when there are so many good ones.

Switching to Challenger OS from regular Challengers for putting, also excited to try out some Bio Raiders!

I also just picked up a lucid-x chameleon Emac Truth that I am interested in testing out.

Nice! I'm a big fan of Emacs in general, and some of those tour series Lucid-X Emacs came out gorgeous this year. What are you currently throwing in the slightly overstable mid slot? The L-X Emac kicked my Verdict out of the bag.

Bounty

Just got a Bounty. Love how controllable it is over a broad range of speeds. Easy to throw, like a midrange, but holds amazing lines like a putter a low speeds. Surprisingly tolerant of wind too.

Going back to the favorites. For some dumb reason I've been trying to shoehorn certain molds in, when others just work better for me. Roc's are out, comets and sentinels are back. Gonna try olf's give the teebirds a break. Firebird and Xcal are coming out machete in

Lol you aren't entirely wrong! My putters go too far...

That's part of my issue too. I throw Ions, Anodes, and a Particle. They fly nearly as far as my mids. Actually, only my matrix will fly a hair farther consistently. My Ion flies the same as my Axis. Hence why I never really throw my mids. I'm gonna look at some of the faster "tweener" mids to try and extend the gap from my putters.

Also. Forgot to add. I added a Neutron Relay to the bag for my last few rounds. That's definitely staying, and will be playing a prominent role in my game this year!

That's part of my issue too. I throw Ions, Anodes, and a Particle. They fly nearly as far as my mids. Actually, only my matrix will fly a hair farther consistently. My Ion flies the same as my Axis. Hence why I never really throw my mids. I'm gonna look at some of the faster "tweener" mids to try and extend the gap from my putters.

Also. Forgot to add. I added a Neutron Relay to the bag for my last few rounds. That's definitely staying, and will be playing a prominent role in my game this year!

Trilogy mids go far. Warship, Core, Evidence, and Truth are all pretty neutral mids that absolutely bomb. Tursas is controllably understable and goes as far as most of my Speed 9 discs. And Emacs and Verdicts have a great combo of distance and LSS.

If you're not opposed to Swedish plastic and wanting to add some distance to your midrange lineup, then definitely look at testing some Trilogy molds.

Trilogy mids go far. Warship, Core, Evidence, and Truth are all pretty neutral mids that absolutely bomb. Tursas is controllably understable and goes as far as most of my Speed 9 discs. And Emacs and Verdicts have a great combo of distance and LSS.

If you're not opposed to Swedish plastic and wanting to add some distance to your midrange lineup, then definitely look at testing some Trilogy molds.

This is interesting. I'm looking to replace my MD with something longer - something neutral to complement my stable Mustang...My Gauges have become too flippy.

Currently auditioning a 177g X Comet.

The Tursas is pretty awesome, first week I bought it I played wednesday night dubs and nailed two short aces. Pretty much paid for itself the first night. It would have if that other guy hadn't hit an ace too.. But 2/3 of ace pot is pretty alright. IMO it has the turn of an ESP comet and the fade of a Z, one step up in speed.

Nice! I'm a big fan of Emacs in general, and some of those tour series Lucid-X Emacs came out gorgeous this year. What are you currently throwing in the slightly overstable mid slot? The L-X Emac kicked my Verdict out of the bag.

Fuzion Verdict is my OS mid currently. I am interested to see how stable it turns out to be!

I feel like my bag is pretty set. I just started playing for real in Summer of 2020, so my goal is to start playing am tournaments in the Spring. I'd really like to see if I can crack in to the advanced division by Fall. We'll see.

I have a few molds that I'm very comfortable and familiar with, and I'm not really looking to change that currently. My current goal with my discs is to start getting comfortable with distance drivers. I disced down to nothing higher than a 9-speed for about two months. That was tremendous for my form. Over the Winter I'm just playing casual rounds, no fieldwork really, so I'm using that as an opportunity to start learning my 11-12-speeds. I'm pushing 300ft with my Wave. I'd really like to get a hang of my Destroyer. Once it warms up I think I'm gonna disc down again for a bit to really solidify things.

I'm looking forward to getting some more of the evolution line into my bag. I have bagged an Essence for a little bit and have recently put the Instinct and the Enigma in. I love the feel of the plastic. I am defiantly looking at the Origin next.

The biggest change, I've been moving to a lower speed bag. 9 speed and under only. Focusing on my releases. Mids have always been the strongest part of my game so I would like to work out from there.

I also was putting with swans and shields until recently. I felt like I needed to give the wizard a try. I had no idea what plastic to get it in... so I got at least one of each plastic. I'm really enjoying the fossil and pure whites. I found that a little odd because I generally putt with soft/megasoft swans and soft shields. Not sure what I will stick with it. Probably will flip flop back and forth a bit until I figure it all out.

I have 3 things that I'm looking to address.

- Incorporate some lighter weight discs in my bag. I've found a couple of lighter discs and have liked the results.
- Forehand discs. As I incorporate more forehand throws in my game, I want to develop some staples for that part of my game.
- Fill a midrange (maybe slower fairway driver) distance gap. I have a lot of discs that I'm comfortable throwing from about 275-320 and I have a lot of discs that I'm comfortable throwing about up to about 225, but nothing in between.