• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What Discmania do you throw

discmania in my bag

i have some plastic from discmania in my bag:
DD2 Frenzy 175g S-Line - long and controllable shots, also in the wind
Blizzard DD2 157g - long and controllable shots, just a little bit more flippy
MD2 172g C-Line - just ordered, hope to get it soon
MD1 weight? - it is a souvenir from my first tournament that I got as a gift. thrown it only two times and decided to putt it an my "wall of fame" :)
P1 - i have 3 of them, i love them, it is my favorit putter. it is so straight with a good glide, but not for wind! also use it for short anhyzer sidearm approaches...

I just got a P Pd in the mail. Its 171 grams and light blue. After a few throws I can see why this disc is so popular. It holds lines when thrown hard and fades back at the end. It wasn't quite as overstable as I was thinking it was going to be but that is ok. This disc is reliable and awesome, I am ordering a beefier S Pd as soon as possible.

A Blizzard pd2 and dd2 are next up to try.

Great choice sir :thmbup: P-PD gets even better when seasoned. By the time my P-PD gets too flippy, I'm hoping my S-PD will be beat to that money slot.

I have 2 MD2:s one C-Line close to a drone stability wise and a S-Line that i more of a turn over mid both 180 and yellow. I also have 2 S-Line DD2 one Katana like the other more like a Boss. The last DM mold I have is the C-Line TD with +Rim they fly like a longer Eagle or more stabel Valkyrie. None made the bag...

Zero Discmania for me. I cannot bring myself to spend money on that terrible stamp art work :gross:. Less is more.
If I did buy one, it would be an FD.

I only carry four discs (it works for me OK?) and for the last month or so two of them have been PDs. An S and a P.

I love the DD its one of those discs you can throw during an afternoon and know exactly what it can do. it falls between a wraith and a nuke and in my opinion flies farther than both

C-PD2
Seasoned S-PD
Newish C-PD
C-TD
D-P2 as main putter

Have tried S-PD2 with seppo stamp but it's too much overstable for me.

Bought a 168g C-TD yesterday for annies and turnovers. After a bit of field testing I found it ridiculously overstable, I mean PD and Teebird kind of stability. Checked the flashing as usual but felt none of the sharp edge with my fingertips. Also read that TD was supposed to be more flippy in Champ plastic than in Star :( I can get a healthy bit of turn out of my P-PDs in the same weight with 350ft rips so I doubt it's a form issue.

TD, the first mislabeled DM disc or did I just get a freak?

C-TDs are only understable if they are the original (not +) mold. The current runs are definitely stable and not flippy. They only have a little bit of turn, when new, at 400' of distance (farther than you are throwing).

Bought a 168g C-TD yesterday for annies and turnovers. After a bit of field testing I found it ridiculously overstable, I mean PD and Teebird kind of stability. Checked the flashing as usual but felt none of the sharp edge with my fingertips. Also read that TD was supposed to be more flippy in Champ plastic than in Star :( I can get a healthy bit of turn out of my P-PDs in the same weight with 350ft rips so I doubt it's a form issue.

TD, the first mislabeled DM disc or did I just get a freak?

I just bought an S-TD last week and had a similar experience - I couldn't get it to flip up at all and it had a pretty good amount of fade at the end. I'm hoping I can figure it out because my initial impression was just off of throwing it about 10 times in a round.

Zero Discmania for me. I cannot bring myself to spend money on that terrible stamp art work :gross:. Less is more.
If I did buy one, it would be an FD.

Just get the non-artwork stamped ones, like C-line or stampless S-line.

Question, if you had a disc named the Turd and it had a big ole stamp of a steaming pile of you-know-what on it (and there would not be a run without the stamp), BUT it flew like a FD or PD (or any other superb mold), would you carry it? :p

The TD seems to be a tricky issue - so far from what I gather from different forums is that

-S-line in general is more stable than (non+)C-line. Especially ~170g stiff S-lines are way OS (I have one)

vice versa:
-C-line should be less stable than S-line, except when they are +mold.

I'm hoping the next DM mold is 'TD2' which would be out-of-the-box understable yet controllable and would not wear in too quickly. Longer faster S-FD so to speak.

Latest posts