• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What Discmania do you throw

i have c and ppds in my pouch. had tds but they werent what i was looking for so i dropped them and got rivers, so much happier. i probably shoulda got fds instead of the tds but o well

P-PDs are awesome: they have decent wind resistance (even when seasoned) and they GLIDE. I always carry a beat one and a fresh one in my bag. Still experimenting with an S-FD for standstills and turnovers.

I did have the 3 S-PDs in the bag, but the good ol' Orc was just a better flying disc for me. I can power it up and down easier than I could the PDs. It would start to hurt my arm throwing a PD with full power and trying to get the same D.

I carry 2 S-FDs, and I love them.

In the past I have carried S/C MD2s and liked them a lot. Also carried a PD for a short time, but for some reason the rim hurts my hand when I grip it, so I never really liked it much. Used the C-TD for a while, and I liked it, it just didn't fit very well into my lineup. Still have a couple of these in case I decide to carry them again.

For now, I am carrying:

FD
P and S PD
P CD
S TD

I also have a S DD that I am trying to make fly correctly....its an ongoing project.;)

Right now I'm carrying:

2 PDs, one C-Line, one P-Line.
3 DD2s, one C-Line, one S-Line and one P-Line.

I'm liking the DD2s, but the rampage and cannon may push those out. We'll see.

Just ordered my first Discmania disc. An S-FD. I'm stoked to try it out!

My bag is almost all DM:

P-MD2 flippy, sneaky long straight approaches
C-MD2 flat
S-FD 170g glides forever
C-FD 170g little more stability for wind, can take more power too

EO 2009 P-PD lost my previous P-PD, I'm beating this into understable
S-PD 172g definition of workhorse. almost all full power full distance drives with this
FR C-PD gotta have OS PD for wind

ES DD2 longest disc in bag also for tomahawks for some reason??

in the closet, not in the bag:
EO 2011 D-MD2 will take P-MD2s place when it gets too flippy
S-CD too close to PD, if I had the time to beat this could be a beautiful anny disc
S-TD the infamous 170g OS brute
ADGC 3rd run C-TD, this I might actually beat into long understable bomber and bag it
FR S-PD in the process of beating it in. currently way too OS.
P-PD2, had to have it just for the stamp haha. Very windy days I might bring it along
EO2011 FR C-PD2 ON SUPER DUPER WINDY DAYS I might bring it along
EO2011 Sparkle C-DD2, fastest disc ever. Pretty strong fade but by that time it's already way out there.

I might be forgetting something, I don't know.

Gremlin is the only DM disc I haven't even tried. Can't see a reason for it.

Putters are a such gray area for me that can't really say what I use, I do have D-P1 (very beat, unpredictable) and S-P2 (nonglidey hulk). KCP Aviar for driving and Medium Voodoo seem to be doing their job with flying colours now. If I could get P-P1/P2's (or a stiff D-line) that could work. All the P's I have seen in the local shop have been R-pro (which is nice for approaches that cannot roll away, on hard ground)

I played with a guy the other day that uses the Gremlin as his go to mid range. His was nailing some lines with it. Seeing that got me curious. I've never thrown one. Does anyone out there have a good review of the Gremlin?

I just got a P Pd in the mail. Its 171 grams and light blue. After a few throws I can see why this disc is so popular. It holds lines when thrown hard and fades back at the end. It wasn't quite as overstable as I was thinking it was going to be but that is ok. This disc is reliable and awesome, I am ordering a beefier S Pd as soon as possible.

A Blizzard pd2 and dd2 are next up to try.

Latest posts