• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] What Discs Does Innova Need To OOP

Yep, we have multiple confirmations now that the new (now current) run of Thunderbirds is significantly softer and less stiff than the old run (although still flat). If you can find some of the first run stiff DX Thunderbirds on the shelves still near you, grab them while you can!

Why? So I can melt them down into a slower speed disc that doesn't get gashed and fly different the first time I hit a tree trunk at full power?

Why? So I can melt them down into a slower speed disc that doesn't get gashed and fly different the first time I hit a tree trunk at full power?

Haha have you ever thrown or bagged a DX Thunderbird? I bag them and I have hit plenty of trees with them without making them immediately fly differently. They seem to wear in for me at a similar rate to Innova driver pro plastic but with better grip. Not to say you can't damage them but it's a lot harder than with many of the recent, softer blends of DX.

Of course full power throws directly into trees are never recommended with any disc. I once seriously warped a brand new champion plastic krait by throwing it directly into a tee sign at full power. ;)

Haha have you ever thrown or bagged a DX Thunderbird? I bag them and I have hit plenty of trees with them without making them immediately fly differently. They seem to wear in for me at a similar rate to Innova driver pro plastic but with better grip. Not to say you can't damage them but it's a lot harder than with many of the recent, softer blends of DX.

Haven't tried that blend but I did throw an all DX bag for 6 months, speed 9 and down. Cycled several speed 7-9's out of the bag or, put a FB in the Valk spot, replaced the FB type of shuffle. I did like the post bar stamp, pre flight era for the greatest durability though. More or less pro-like as far as holding flight patterns, just a lot more prone to getting chewed up rims.

Is there a recent list of oop innova discs? I picked up the last dx flat thunderbird at my local store (heard the news this morning).

I also got a champion panther w/ flight numbers. Are they oop? I also spotted a champion super stingray w/ flight numbers.

The only info I can find is a list from 2010.

Is there a recent list of oop innova discs? I picked up the last dx flat thunderbird at my local store (heard the news this morning).

I also got a champion panther w/ flight numbers. Are they oop? I also spotted a champion super stingray w/ flight numbers.

The only info I can find is a list from 2010.

Champion Panthers are part of the Champ starter set, so they will likely not go OOP for some time.

Champion Panthers are part of the Champ starter set, so they will likely not go OOP for some time.

I've never seen a champion panther in a starter set. The one I picked up is not new plastic. Its gummy and finger printy. Ontario mold

I've never seen a champion panther in a starter set. The one I picked up is not new plastic. Its gummy and finger printy. Ontario mold

This is on sale at Infinite Discs right now, among other retailers. I picked mine up at Dicks, but that was admittedly a couple years ago.

021207c1-0650-42be-95b8-39de61082f751.jpg

Here is a picture

Attachments

• IMG_20170204_155336.jpg
    IMG_20170204_155336.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 29
Of course full power throws directly into trees are never recommended with any disc. I once seriously warped a brand new champion plastic krait by throwing it directly into a tee sign at full power. ;)
A few weeks ago I smashed a DX Stingray into a tree, warped it pretty bad. Decided to throw it again, just messing around, and it went into a pond. About an hour later I got a text from a dude saying he found it. :confused:

I told him to keep it.

The Panther is a bit of a tantalizing disc. Its fairly understable, but has lots of glide and is capable of good distance. I wouldn't lose sleep if Innova got rid of it, but I don't think its worthless by any means. Nice little beginner mid.

A few weeks ago I smashed a DX Stingray into a tree, warped it pretty bad. Decided to throw it again, just messing around, and it went into a pond. About an hour later I got a text from a dude saying he found it. :confused:

I told him to keep it.

Never got into this mold at all. I'd rather throw the Panther if I had to toss an understable mid.

The Panther is a bit of a tantalizing disc. Its fairly understable, but has lots of glide and is capable of good distance. I wouldn't lose sleep if Innova got rid of it, but I don't think its worthless by any means. Nice little beginner mid.

Say whaa? Get rid of the Panther?!? :(

Seriously... Panthers are available in plenty. Flatter/less domey Panthers, which the pink ones seem to be, are neutral to slightly overstable. More domey ones, like my blue ones, are more understable.

Never got into this mold at all. I'd rather throw the Panther if I had to toss an understable mid.
Yeah I'm selling all of mine over in the Marketplace. Lately I've been throwing Meteors and Tursases, both much more workable/predictable discs than the Stingray imo.

I said that certain molds like the Cheetah, Gazelle, and Cobra just needed better plastic options, I also think that if Innova made Star Vikings and Archangels they would sell more of them as well as possibly making their way into my bag.
I bought a couple star cobras from the innova proshop, I wish they would do a normal production run these things are awesome. Flies like a fresh dx cobra that glides for days and doesn't really fade.

KEEP the Panther, bring back the Coyote, I say...

The panther has a spot in my heart since it was the first disc I could reliably Rhbh anhyzers drive with.

However I can do some nasty, nasty things with a star coyote. Anhyzer glides that make everyone gape.

I think the panther is a fun disc that deserves to stay, but the coyote is criminally underappreciated.

The panther has a spot in my heart since it was the first disc I could reliably Rhbh anhyzers drive with.

However I can do some nasty, nasty things with a star coyote. Anhyzer glides that make everyone gape.

I think the panther is a fun disc that deserves to stay, but the coyote is criminally underappreciated.

Agree. I have a couple of Star Coyotes. I'd probably bag them mor often, but the Mako3 is too good in that same role...

Latest posts