• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What do you get/buy with your tournament winnings?

What do you do with your tournament winnings?

• Plastic, i.e. full sized discs

Votes: 31 91.2%
  • Clothing

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • Bags

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Videos

• Baskets

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Stools

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Disc Retrievers

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Minis

Votes: 10 29.4%
  • Towels

• Other

Votes: 7 20.6%

• Total voters
I get some of everything. Dryfit shirts, flexfit hats, towels, discs, whatever my caddie wants, dvds, etc. I try to give away discs when I can so that's where a lot of plastic goes.

Our state rep does a great job of making sure payouts are huge! 3rd place usually pays out around $80 and first is $120 or so! And the top half is paid out. Thanks Keith!

Most tournies I have been to have been very limited on gear. Limited selection of discs as well as very limited items of other gear. I'll usually just pick up some back-up discs and maybe a mini. towels are good too:)

I bought a VP the only time I cashed.

The wife...aye aye aye...tye dye t-bird, tye dye sidewinder, champ leopard, 2 XDs, a CFR T-bird, another leopard, another sidewinder, a banshee, a towel, an innova bottle opener....blah blah blah

:)

Man I need to go to a dubs toruney and get a great partner so I can write in this thread without lying.

My tourney bag, and my backup bags are set, so now I look through apparel <hats,shirts>, and I go through the bins looking for whatever is the lightest for my 7yr. old son. Just got a star skeeter, and star kite for him last weekend, and picked up a new star destroyer for me, mine was getting too flippy.

Thanks for fixing / adding the poll, Eric.

First tourney I was "in-the-money" for I didn't get a choice - just gave me plastic, which I took and added to my own stash.

2nd I got a gift cert that I didn't spend yet...won a CTP shirt, too.
3rd I didn't cash, because I stunk! :)
4th I got a gift cert I didn't spend yet and won a CTP (champ leopard and some other disc)

I have enough discs at this point (and have been pretty good thus far at keeping what I own)...so I'm leaning towards buying some moisture wicking shirts and that birdie bag, because my hands got wet and then sticky dry at the last tourney, and it made me sad.

Mostly plastic.
Got an Innova coozy at the last one I placed in. Had a couple bucks left and the dude said "Here, this will fill it out!"
It keeps my adult beverage nice and frosty :thmbup:

Not that I always have an option in the Am divisions but I generally try and get me some plastic and have also recieved clothing, minis and some random other things. Wish I would have picked up a retriever last time I had a choice but you know, I needed to pay my caddie.

Champ Rhyno and Star Katana. I also got some bag tags for my mom and dad. 10th Place Am Intermediate in my 1st tourney! Hero's Huk

Attachments

• Katana.jpg
    Katana.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 5
  • Rhyno.jpg
    Rhyno.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 5
ummm... i don t have the flow to enter let alone win...

this is why i never play in tournaments. i would really like to but definitely can't afford to give away $30-60 for a round of golf. isn't that why we play DG instead of ball golf anyway??