• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] What do you throw for drivers?

It seems the stable to OS lines are well covered.

What are people using for US lines?

X XLs, XS, Xpress?

I think you'd do well with either a seasoned X XL, or a little longer Avenger SS for US lines.

Thanks^

Looks like finding something a little flippy out of the box at fairway speed might be a problem. Maybe I'll try to beat up a X XL.

P line undertow could maybe work as well. How do these fly? Would they cover most of my lines across the plastics?
I've also found that X XS' are fairly flippy if you have them in a light weight. I also have a 150 class X avenger that I haven't thrown but just feels flippy in the hand.

My go to extra gummy orc. I'd feel lost without it.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1390755048081.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1390755048081.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 15
Sorry about that you asked about Discraft drivers. Well then I use an Elite z glow crank.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1390755464386.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1390755464386.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 13
would people say an avenger ss is a speed 9 like the sidewinder? what speeds are the avenger ss and regular avenger? i know marshall says 11 but if i remember correctly it def slower than that

yes^ the SS are very understable compared to regular runs. The rims are slightly different sizes/shapes.

I would say regular runs are 11 speed-- very sword like. SS do seem slower but also just much more US so its the HSS which is way different.

would people say an avenger ss is a speed 9 like the sidewinder? what speeds are the avenger ss and regular avenger? i know marshall says 11 but if i remember correctly it def slower than that

I've got both ASS and Sidewinder both in Star/ESP. ASS is definitely closest to a Sidewinder then anything else. I would say regular Avenger is closest to a PD. I've thrown both of those extensively as well so speed 9 ish Innova scale. Surge is speed 11.

I've got both ASS and Sidewinder both in Star/ESP. ASS is definitely closest to a Sidewinder then anything else. I would say regular Avenger is closest to a PD. I've thrown both of those extensively as well so speed 9 ish Innova scale. Surge is speed 11.

Have others found this accurate? How would an Avenger SS compare to a Fury or Amp? If the SS is that flippy I know I shouldn't need anything else US for drives. I've never thrown a Sidewinder.

So the Avenger (regular) is similar to the PD? I'll assume that means they start off beefy and loose HSS as they wear in. Is that close?

Have others found this accurate? How would an Avenger SS compare to a Fury or Amp? If the SS is that flippy I know I shouldn't need anything else US for drives. I've never thrown a Sidewinder.

So the Avenger (regular) is similar to the PD? I'll assume that means they start off beefy and loose HSS as they wear in. Is that close?

I should also add I've only thrown the Z Avenger. I'm sure the ESP and X will develop some turn to them. The Z I had was beefy, good for headwinds and such. My ASS is definitely understable. Yeah you may not need a FWY understable driver.

A Z plastic Avenger SS is faster than a Fury and Amp I believe but it's got a slightly less sharp edge to it so that kind of slows it down. It's a pretty versatile disc and if you are looking for a hyzer flip or roller driver it's a good one. I thought you were just trying things out not making a switch.

The Avenger could be similar to a PD but depends on plastic. A good C-PD is going to be more HSS than an Avenger. A Z Avenger is probably closer in flight to a S line or P line PD. I always thought the avenger was like a slightly faster Teebird. Not really OS but they do take some torque and headwinds. Get a few in Z plastic or a few in ESP and start beating one in to a straight shooter. They're a good mold.

Definitely get some Predators. (I'll sell you a sweet flydye one if you want. :D PM me) I hated the Ti Stalker and I think now they are OOP since Paige Pierce left but they are nice in Z or ESP if they make them. I know the PDGA member discs were black ESP stalkers for a few years and they were sweet hyzer flip long mid/slow fairway type discs. Dead straight.

Z Avenger SS is nowhere near as flippy as an Opto Fury. Maybe an X Avenger SS might compare.

Steeze: If I'm going to give a disc a try I'm going to throw them for a couple months at least, unless it just isn't working. I'd like to get a mold close to sweet spotted if I can. I just want a good idea of what to expect before pulling the trigger. I feel like we have similar experiences with molds. What didn't you like about the Ti Stalker?

Trying out new molds is part of the fun for me.

Last edited: