• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] What do you use for driving putters?

Depending on the flight I want:

DX Polecat
Fuzion Warden
TP Harp

When the Deputy comes out in durable plastic, I'll add it to this list.

All putters for the most part make good drivers. Ive drove off the tee with so many different putters and all can work well depending on form, style, and needs.

Some of my favorites have been bowfly pure summit polecat proxy ion.

The Harp is my favorite, but the Envy and Atom are both great. So many good driving putters.

I drive with my ion/anode combo as often as possible. Ion for a slight fade, or a neat little flex shot, anode is laser straight. Love them both!

Envy and Jokeri. Both are great driving putters. I just got a VRoc and it would fit the bill as well, I think. Just haven't thrown it enough yet. If I'm trying to throw an anny line, I won't use a putter generally; I go with an X Comet that's fairly beat in.

750/400G PA1 - All OS backhand shots 250' and in. Sometimes I'll use it on a short forehand too.

Big Z Roach - Stable shots where I want to mimick my Buzzz but don't want it to go as far. Will hyzer and anhyzer equally as well.

400G PA4 - One role / hyzer-flip straight as an arrow. I use this disc a lot. So dependable in the woods.

Yeah, I still use my ESP Zones a lot too but they fly like a mid. Not going to stop me from trying to use it for 'putter only' rounds.

Last edited:
I'll typically jump putt with a McPro Aviar anything inside 100 feet. If it's a dangerous green I may use a SSS puddletop Warlock as it sits really nice and doesn't roll away as often. From 100-250 I'm using a S-Line P2 for straight to hyzer shots, a beat-in S-line P2 for Straight to slight hyzer shots and SSS warlock for turnovers. I have been messing with a Proxy for those straight-to-turnover shots and it seems to turn nicely than flatten out without hooking back up. I also love throwing an XT Whale for putter only round as it can pretty much do all of the above.

There are a ton of great throwing putters out there, so I feel a lot of them could be interchangeable, however the Zone is irreplaceable in my bag. Spike hyzers, soft flex shots, heavy wind upshots, and a ton of forehand approaches. One of the most consistent molds out there!

Best driving putter of all time Sinus! I throw it to 275 but my buddy can get it to 330+. I also throw VIP harp mostly FH, and Marshall for straight.

Forehand with a Zone. I didn't realize good forehand driving putters existed. Changed up my whole game to a trend of discing down.

hqdefault.jpg

'86 Yugo

That's about right, most Yugos go about 150 feet and then need a repair.

Zones all day. A beat up D one for straight shots and a Z or ESP one for stable shots. I like the low profile and grip, suits my hand well. I've gone away from using traditional putters as throwers, I just never got the feel and consistency from despite years of practice and I don't like the deep dish grip. Everytime I'd go back to my zones I'd think I should have been doing this the whole time.

My D zone is beating in nicely and it will handle turnovers pretty soon. I had an old D one years ago that flipped like any beat up putter would but I lost it. I use a fan grip if I am in short and a power one for further shots.

Last edited:
I use S-line P2 for most driving/approaches, and have been using a Prodigy A1/A2 for beef (high winds, spikes, forehands). I recently bought a DD Slammer out of necessity (forgot P2 and showed up at a tourney, needed something) and really liked it. It may even replace the A1/A2s I have been using, because it flicks nicely and sits down quickly with little skipping. For now I am carrying all three...