• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What flies like a Ti Mantis???

Bigbaddad

Would like to replace the Ti Mantis in my bag for another company. Prefer Innova. What flies like the mantis?

Aren't the Ti only from the Ace Race? Those things are more stable, and a good bit longer than a Champ Leo.

I would say an Innova equivalent is a Champ Valk.

Last edited:
^ The mantis and Valk are nothing alike. Where do you come up with this stuff?

Less posting, more discing. Have you been once this year?

I've got to agree with conky. What enjoyment is there to be had with posting about an activity you never do? :confused: There is rarely a thread that comes up, that you don't jump in with even the most bland of answers....it's really strange to me.

Does the trek for the most posts on here contain some secret to unlocking 1100 rated rounds? Because you won't get better without practice.

To the OP:

I'm not sure the mantis really has a solid innova counterpart. The mantis, to me felt like a cross between a mid and a driver. A driver-esque wing, with a mid-range type inner rim.

The AR Mantis is more similar to a Valkyrie than a Leopard. For me, at least.

Less trolling, more minding your own business.

Last edited:
The Ace Race Ti Mantis is more OS than a Valk for sure, and not Leo like at all.
I can see it being compared to a Viking only slower. The Ti's are about as fast as a Tee Bird or Eagle, but more OS than those molds.

I can see the production Z Mantises being compared to a Valk.

Last edited:
^ The mantis and Valk are nothing alike. Where do you come up with this stuff?

Less posting, more discing. Have you been once this year?

As a Valkyrie thrower, the new run champs are pretty OS to begin with. That's why I don't mess with them and stick to pro and domey stars. He's not terrible off base.

O and for god's sake change your avatar, you'll scare the children.

I would say the Ace Race Ti Mantis is more OS than a Valk for sure... I can see it being compared to a Viking... more OS than a Tee Bird or Eagle.

I felt like it was longer than a Teebird, and definitely more stable than a Leo. There may not be an exact Innova equivalent.

I've thrown both and the closest disc to me out there in both line and plastic is the Salient Cryo Vein. They feel somewhat similar and the line is pretty much identical for me.

OP - just pick your generic, slight OS fairway driver and roll with that, chances are it will be similar.

What flies like a TI Mantis? Another TI Mantis.

My AR Ti Mantises fly like Banshees. Not joking. They are super overstable compared to the production Z runs.

What flies like a TI Mantis? Another TI Mantis.

The more posts to this thread, the more this seems like the answer.

OP, why do you want to ditch the Mantis? (Not that there's anything wrong with that, just curious)

TI Mantis seems nearly irreplaceable and trust me I am a 2013 Ace Race disc fanatic. I think if you had to pick a disc from Innova you could say maybe a Teerex in terms of flight but the feel of the disc is totally different. I think maybe the most stable glow Eagle-X you could find could also come close but again the feel would be off.

TI Mantis seems nearly irreplaceable and trust me I am a 2013 Ace Race disc fanatic. I think if you had to pick a disc from Innova you could say maybe a Teerex in terms of flight but the feel of the disc is totally different. I think maybe the most stable glow Eagle-X you could find could also come close but again the feel would be off.

Mine was nowhere near as stable as that. But it was around 158 grams. I always see them in the used bin at PIAS.

I really liked the AR mantises. But unless you can find them (I have 4, sorry, not for sale) they'll be tough to replace. I personally pulled mine for an MVP Shock and haven't looked back. Not innova, but I can't recommend trying one enough. I'm not an MVP fanboy or anything, but the Shock is worth trying if you liked those Ti Mantises.