• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is the best disc golf shot ever thrown?

I've witnessed a 2 on a par 5 before.

Without a doubt the greatest hole I've ever seen played.

The famous "railroad hole" at Castle Hayne - Hole 12. http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=1084

Rory Joyce threw a good shot to the first turn. Then threw in a 330 skip side arm for the 2.

FTR, this hole scores like a par 5, but it's not that hard of a 3 (I've done it with 3 aviars). Well, it's a hard 3, I'm just saying it's not uncommon to see 3's.

But a 2 on this hole was the craziest thing I've ever seen in disc golf.

The Castle is my home course and #12 is a BEAST. An eagle on that hole is AWESOME -- I didn't do it...best I've had so far on that hole is a par -- but to hole out in two there is re-dick-u-luss. Would've loved to have seen that.

I believe the first throw Steady Ed threw into his prototype target would be the "best shot"

Best shot I've seen in person was at the Lilac City Open this year, it was an Advanced Am that did it. We have this back up on what is known as the Fear hole 660 feet, from one side of a big ravine to the top of the other side, 800 drop if you hyzer out a RHBH). Everyone plays the hole for a four, a three takes a big arm or pimped upshot. This kid comes up, and throws a Destroyer in a hyzer over the tree line to which everyone thinks is going to just hyzer the 800 foot drop and end up in a re-tee. He CRUSHES the shot, gets it to flip and carries back to the right, and parks it in the circle. He steps up with a death putt (the basket sits on the hillside which is crazy steep and can easily result in 90 foot blow bys). Drains the putt. First time in history the hole had ever been 2'd. It was HUGE.

If you want to go by an entire hole, wouldn't Matty O's 4 in the final 9 of the 2005 worlds be up there? It was on a ridiculous par 5 and for a $500(?) Bounty

Not at USDGC. At the PDGA Championships at IDGC last year or maybe in 2011. Hole 8 is roughly 950ft long. Par 5. Double fairway to a landing zone 500ft away then slight bend and another double fairway to basket. Will threw a 500ft PD shot perfectly to the landing zone then laced his Roc the remaining 400+ft to the basket and made his putt for an eagle 3. That combination of shots is still etched in the memories of many that were there.

There are so many awesome shots that I've seen on video that I don't think it's even possible to label one as "the best".

yeah that was insane. but this has to be an ace right?

Seppo's wasn't the longest, but probably the most witnessed, and one of the coolest.

Latest posts