• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is the first real hole you EVER played?

Hole 1 Moraine State Park
2e0e132f.jpg

Blue Tee
6ff8b3bc.jpg

I like this idea. For me (and many other locals, I'm sure) its gonna be hole #1 at Z Boaz. Pretty sure it was in the long that day, so a little over 200' to the back of those trees.

dde56e01.jpg

That's crazy!! You used the picture I took. Even crazier was that hole was also my first hole.

8c44f8c2.jpg

Goucher College Hole 1
dogleg right around the tennis course. i'm pretty sure my friend gave me a wraith to throw..

Some friend... three years ago the Wraith was still about as fast as a disc got, right? Great disc selection for a total newb! :p

At least it doesn't appeared to have dampened your interest in the game!

Hole #1 at Albert Oakland Park in Columbia, MO.

picture.php

It's right at 200'. It probably took me at least five shots to be putting.

Shilito #1. just 175' so putting after just 2 wasnt too bad!

Attachments

• c1dd2f07.jpg
    c1dd2f07.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 10
MNA048.jpg

three putt's first disc, and he can tell you the full history of it ;)

Two firsts... if I may.

My best friend and I used to play target disc golf around the small town that we lived in back in the early 80s, not even knowing that there was an actual game. About 10 years ago I was visiting him and he took me to Admiral Farragut Park in Knoxville, TN. We played with our trusty Wham-o Frisbees and thought that the people with "six little discs in a bag" were the weird ones. Look at me now. Doh! Anyway, didn't get hooked at the time. Would love to go back and play the course again.

Hole #1, Admiral Farragut/No Distance Info to be found (easily anyway)
38a50b75.jpg

Then 4 years ago my wife bought me a 3 disc starter set from Innova and my parents got me a practice basket... both off of ebay. The addiction began in my own yard (as later evidenced by Dixie Lee DGC). But the first disc golf hole that I played with disc golf discs was...

Hole #1, Valley View Park in Altoona, PA, 240'
889f7fcb.jpg

And so the addiction's fire was fueled by a simple little 9 hole course. Ironically, I was back in Altoona today and played the course again. Good times!

Nice thread, by the way.

three putt's first disc, and he can tell you the full history of it ;)
You know, a buddy and I bought discs that day from the classic "dude in a van" in the parking lot. One was a Phantom+ and the other was an Aviar XD. I don't remember who bought what. It was '88 or '89, and I thought the whole thing was pretty dumb. The discs ended up in the trunk of my car, and I'm pretty sure they were still in there when I sold that car.

Hole two, retired short course in Chico. I would of said hole #1 but it was a joke (I saw a person ace on their first ever throw).

hole 1 at lions park in shakopee, MN. i played this about three years before i started playing... how should i say... obsessively

view_image.php

Last edited:
#2 at shorewood park- #1 basket wasnt there for a while when i started. great first hole to start on, long with a mando..

7a337ff8.jpg

Mine was hole 1 at a course that is not listed on here yet. It's in Michigan and at a middle school. (trying not to get too specific because I want to add it next time I visit.)

1e682d0f_t.jpg

hole 1 at gillies creek in richmond with some borrowed lightning disc, didn't look anything like this- gillies was an absolute jungle back then...

edit- damn that picture is small.