• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is the worst disc you ever bought?

Vote on the worst disc ever made

• Total voters
There's a disc called the 'the Brick'? what names did they pass on before settling on 'the Brick'? The Wet Blanket? the Turd? the one disc I hear everyone raging on is the Groove. My sister got me one from Dick's sporting goods for X-mas.... I returned it for credit, got some socks.

Hahahaha!

I bought a Star Katana when they first came out. That was single-handedly the worst disc I've ever owned. It had a puddle top and a PLH that is nothing like any Katana I've ever seen, making it the most overstable disc I've thrown. I have a max weight TeeRex that is less overstable.

A bunch of preteen *******s stole my katana after I threw a second disc on a hole and I was mad only on principle. I was actually sort of glad I lost it. Someone called me a few days later and said they found the disc at the bottom of a ravine 10 holes later and offered to mail it to me when I told him I had moved out of the area in the intervening time. I told him that under no circumstances was he to mail me that godforsaken disc. I still have nightmares about the damn thing.

I agree^^

Worst disc i bought in terms of it being nothing like the advertised flight was a star tana.

Worst disc in general is probably something quest made, or gateway. The 'halex' is really bad tho.

Z Avenger SS. Understable, yet no glide. Gets outdistanced by slower understable discs. Can't find a use for it other than a hard right turn roller.

I agree^^

Worst disc i bought in terms of it being nothing like the advertised flight was a star tana.

Worst disc in general is probably something quest made, or gateway. The 'halex' is really bad tho.

I never weighed mine, but it had to way more than it was legally supposed it. Every throw felt like I was trying to throw a discus like a frisbee.

I found a blizz katana that flies the exact same way too. The weirdest thing is that I've thrown other people's katanas and they actually fly like they are supposed to. I am just 100% baffled by this disc.

I love reading these threads. All the hate for some great discs.

The worst disc I have purchased is a DX Wolf. It's probably a great disc to others, but I wasn't a fan at all.

Aerobie Arrow. Touted as a completely straight putter that would fly with no fade. For me it just flew like everything else.
I never picked up a Wheel. It seemed to me to be a really stupid idea. When I throw rollers I count on the dome pulling the finish to one side or the other.

Any speed 13 disc!! I've spent way too much money on high speed drivers that don't get me any additional distance with my noodle arm.

So I decided I'd try a Blizzard Wraith - I can not get that POS to go more than a 200' before it turns and crashes into the ground.

Haven't bought any of the discs on the list but the most dissapointed I've been would be a tie between a xxx and a trident. Both craptastic.

Both excellent discs for those who know what they're getting into. Certainly not for newer players (not meant as a slight, it's true).

10th buzzz

Trying to get some folks to sump their buzzzes cheap so you can grab em?:D

Worst disc I ever bought was the Monarch. Thing was incredibly unpredictable. Sometimes it would flip like it should, but given just a little nose up it would turn into a meathook. I gave it to my friend's roommate.

Both excellent discs for those who know what they're getting into. Certainly not for newer players (not meant as a slight, it's true).

I am not a newer player. The problem with both is they are advertised as super overstable. I expected xtreme like but neither one was as overstable as a firebird.

I love my Pre Kenny Star wraith, but MAN did i hate the poor excuse for a Wraith that was the "Blizzard Wraith"

Made me wanna :sick:

Blowfly. Gave it away to some kids while I was walking off the course on the only round I played with it. The 'rim' on those things is garbage.

150 aviar, 3rd disc I bought... Didn't check weight.. Lol

It is now just used for playing catch with friends, I also scaled it...it really weighs 144g

Hah the blowfly. I've never seen a disc literally hit the bottom of the basket and fold itself into the chains more than that thing. I think as a short range putter, if you could get to be really consistent with that thing it would be like cheating...but all of them that i've seen look like they purposely sat them out in the sun for 5 days straight to warp the top and sides. Though I think that's how they look brand new :/

This thread = money.

I love how the Groove is getting more votes that the Epic. The Epic is definately the hands down worse disc of all time. I can't believe that it's even considered a disc golf disc. But I love that the hatred for the Groove is surpassing this.

Everyone is so wrong. Found a Halex on the course once. Easily 10 times worse than anything anyone is complaining about.

Hah the blowfly. I've never seen a disc literally hit the bottom of the basket and fold itself into the chains more than that thing. I think as a short range putter, if you could get to be really consistent with that thing it would be like cheating...but all of them that i've seen look like they purposely sat them out in the sun for 5 days straight to warp the top and sides. Though I think that's how they look brand new :/
It was the rim that bothered me more than anything. It just felt so weird in my hand that I couldn't get comfortable. I went home and immediately bought a Soft Ridge. The Vibram X-Link soft rubber makes the Blowfly look stiff comparatively!! :D

Latest posts