• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is the worst disc you ever bought?

Vote on the worst disc ever made

• Total voters
The worst disc I ever bought, was a Gateway Diablo DT. It flies nothing like I expected it to, either forehand, or backhand. Plus, the dimples in the rim pack with mud and dirt too easy. I have a Groove, and, although my arm isn't enough for it, and it doesn't fly like I expected it to, I definately have a spot for it in my bag. For me, it's perfect for most tight dog leg layouts. Whether I throw it forehand, or backhand, depends on the direction of the dog leg.

David

I agree with many mentioned previously:

Anything from Quest - Weird stuff
Epic - Not for me
Spectra - Didn't keep it long
Anyone ever throw the discs that come with an In-Step basket - Not there's some fun!

My winner(or loser) is the Monarch - Man I hate these!

I bought a Goove, and it didn't fly anthing like people said it did. I had two, and traded the both off.

Was able to pawn off my Groove on an unsuspecting soul.

I don't get it. I can throw my Groove pretty well. In fact, I would say it is the best disc I've ever found in a pond.

Also, for all those who couldn't throw a Groove, don't bother trying to fling a Boss.

My two most used discs are my groove and dart.

The Groove is very sensitive to wrist snap... I keep hearing how some people don't have the 'arm' for a Groove/Boss/Katana...that's not quiet right...it's all in the wrist. The more you can snap your wrist (aka speed) the better those discs will perform. I love my groove because it's predictable, I can throw it for 250 to 500' holes with accuracy.

As far as the dart is concerned...once I got my dart, I dumped all my other putters. I gave away a Champion Aviar, traded an XD, and lost a wizard (I actually liked it, but the Dart is better).

The worse disc I've bought was either a 150g Valkrie I got in a starter pack, or the Champion XD that came in the same pack.

Yeah, I don't know why the Groove gets so much hate. It is easier to throw than a Boss and glides a bit better. Both my Boss and my Groove are my go-to drivers for when I need maximum distance off the tee pad.

Yeazers for the Groove love.

The Groove isn't a bad disc, just misunderstood. :D

I don't get it. I can throw my Groove pretty well. In fact, I would say it is the best disc I've ever found in a pond.

Also, for all those who couldn't throw a Groove, don't bother trying to fling a Boss.

Yeah, I don't know why the Groove gets so much hate. It is easier to throw than a Boss and glides a bit better. Both my Boss and my Groove are my go-to drivers for when I need maximum distance off the tee pad.

Want a 174 Champ Groove 9/10? :D

I've decided to bring this thread out from the dead. Especially since the last year has seen several new companies and disc come out. I figured we have all bought disc and thought. Why the hell did I buy this. Other then the groove, lets see what people say. I bought a blizzard katana 133. That thing finds the ground quicker then anything I have ever bought. I also nominate my favorite light blue and red and green the dye starfire. Not because it was a bad disc. But blue, red and green tye dye seems to camouflage itself. Man I miss that disc.

dragon, that thing knows it floats in the water and then goes directly to it. I find them here and there with no names and give them to my seven year old. Cool stamp, he likes the look of it.

I bought an Epic knowing full well what it was...I kind of bought it as a joke but was also intingrued by it. What a piece of junk. I tuned it, did everything I could and it was just...terrible.

I disgaree with putting the Dragon and the 150g Aviar on here, with a caveat. My 7 year old daughter throws a Dragon and it is her farthest driver next to a Puma. She can throw both almost 150 feet. My wife putted with 150g Aviar for many months until she picked up a Pro Birdie and a Strawberry Mercy and had great success with it. It did beat up really quick, even for DX. So those are good begginer discs.

I feel like with anything else. If you were good enough you could use any of those discs effectively.