• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What is your favorite disc golf plastic?

old gateway glow plastic. or good hard pro plastic. i don't know how to describe it but perfect disc material.wet, hot, cold always grippy and glidey.

My favorite so far as feel and flight is Innova Pro. I simply hate taco'd, warped, or otherwise deformed discs so I'll have to say my overall favorite is Champion.

Distance - Champion/Z
Fairway - Champion/Pinnacle
Mid - Champion/Classic/Kc
Putter - Classic Stiff/Evolution

I'm kind of using champion as a blanket term. I'll throw any premium clear plastic that isn't gummy.

I prefer to thow a gold line disc from Latitude 64. They are durable and I feel once the "Break In" their flight pattern doesnt change as much!

Reason I selected Tournament plastic, which is pretty much gold, for this reason. I have beaten the living hell out of my boatman and it still flies like it did out of the box, for the most part

Putter: millennium super soft
Mid: opto
Driver: gold, tournament

My favorite material is the Gateway SSS. Love the satin-ish feel of it.

Outside of putters, I don't know that I really have a favorite. I throw a lot of Star plastic (like the older stuff more than the new), but Champ/Z/VIP/etc feels good in my hand as well. I am falling for the RGL plastic of the River I trade for. I'm not much for baseline plastics, though.

Distance Drivers - Star
Fairway Drivers - Champion
Utility - Champion
Mids - KC Pro
Driving Putters - Champion
Putting Putters - DX

gummy pinnacle, hands down.

35-40 degrees? who cares? stuff just sticks to your hands. very nice when you don't have as much tactile feedback due to cold temps.

My favorite OOP plastic is Innova's old pearly champ plastic, my favorite current plastic is Salient's new liquid plastic

drivers: discmania pro line
midranges: innova 11x KC Pro plastic
putters: gateway [S or SS depending on the grip level]

I want a judge in grippy S plastic so bad. Also, a comet in 11x KC Pro would be amazing.

Proline is my favorite. I have a prodiscus something or other in a really nice plastic. And I'm a huge fan of my EZE Spike. Suregrip eraser, also.

Putters: Gateway's baseline. Any and all. They all feel great and have their place in the world.
Mids: Firm KC pro. Be it 10x 11x 12x, if it is firm and kinda chalky...I'm in love

For drivers it just depends on the blend. I am partial to the swirly Legacy Pinnacle/Icon though.

What is Your Favorite Plastic for Drivers? - Star and Champion, including Blizzard and Starlite versions.
What is Your Favorite Plastic for Midrange Discs? INNOVA Star
What is Your Favorite Plastic for Putters? INNOVA Grippy R-Pro
What is Your Favorite Plastic Overall? The one that works best for the current conditions. But if I had to choose only one - INNOVA Star as it is durable and versatile.

Drivers: Champ, Pro, GL, Icon, CE, DX
Fairways: Icon, 10x KC Pro, Opto
Mids: KC Pro 8x, early DX (Buttery DX), old 4x Kenny Champ plastic,
Putters: SSS Gateway, and 9x KC Pro plastic

Latest posts