• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What is your favorite disc golf plastic?

Putters: Opto
Midrange: Moonshine
Fairway: 4&5x JK Champion and 11x KC Champion
Drivers: SE- Special Edition Star (the old grippy chalky Star plastic)

I would have to say I like Discraft Z and Westside Tournament(which will of course translate into the corresponding plastics for Latitude and DD). However, my favorite is a tie between Discraft Crystal without any flakes in it and MVP Proton. Both look and feel are key criteria in that choice.

Innova plastic is a large part of why I got away from their discs. The only thing I want to carry from them is DX. I don't get the same confidence from the feel of their Champion and Star plastics like I do from similar plastics from the other companies. However, that's just my opinion, I would say everyone's preference is going to be a little different. That's part of what makes all the options in the disc market better for everyone.

Drivers- Champ
Mids- Z
Putters- Gateway

DX used to be my favorite.

Why does everyone hate/not use FB? I'm not a FB fanatic, it's just the only social media I have used.

Driver: Soft blends of Star/ S-line
Mid- DX
Putter- (driving/ approaching)- KC Pro, (putting)- Sure Grip

for feel / grip and flight i like dx......went star crazy for a bit, but have settled on champ or z for duabillity and slightly better grip than star . star just feels slick to me in poor weather conditions.

so you want current production plastic right? sadly most the best plastic is no longer around....

Driver: Legacy Icon
Midrange: ESP FLX
Putter: Prodiscus Base - Don't like the putter for putting but the plastic is amazing!
All-Around: ESP FLX

All factors considered ESP FLX, especially the stiffer blend.