• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

what is your goal for the year

I laugh at the people who's goal is to "ace" -- that's really a luck thing almost as much as a skill thing (yes, more skilled players ace more often, but hard work and score/rating improvement are totally separate from acing). I think goals should be things that are more affected by hard work and skill than by luck.

Aww, maybe I should have put a :D next to my "Ace" goal. Well, you're right borndasur had a great list of goals--in a more serious vein I'll adopt his #3 as one of my top 3.

(But I don't think it hurts to have an Ace as a goal. One of the tricks to getting an Ace is throwing far enough. On holes that I should Ace, I usually lay up and try to slide to the basket to make the putt easy. So my goal is to actually get the courage to go for it occasionally, even at the risk of a longer putt.)

It's really the same goal every year - qualify for USDGC. I'm going for 11X this year :)

1. break the world record for courses played in one day as well as unique holes played in one day
2. get 3 more aces
3. play in a tournament
4. get a job at a disc golf store so discs are half off and so I can putt in the store for practice
5. play 20 more courses
6. make 10% of putts :-/

My goals are-
-Better control off the tee with my drives.
-Gain confidence in my 15'+ putts (make all within 15' range)
-Get my first Ace
-Increase driving distance to possibly 300'

(started playing Feb. 09')

My goals for this year are the following:
-increase my all the time putting range from 10-15 ft to 15 - 20 ft
- play at least half of the courses on my wishlist
- play at least two time every week

-Play most of the courses in the Charlotte/Rock Hill Area.
-Play some new courses other than those too. I'm thinking 10 new ones.
-one more "real" ace (anything 250'+)
-bring my rating up to 970 or so.
-have a 1000 rated round. just one.

1. break the world record for courses played in one day as well as unique holes played in one day
2. get 3 more aces
3. play in a tournament
4. get a job at a disc golf store so discs are half off and so I can putt in the store for practice
5. play 20 more courses
6. make 10% of putts :-/

what is the world record for most courses played in a day?

what is the world record for most courses played in a day?

Most Courses and different holes played in 24 hours:

1)Alan Hansen Begg, 380 holes on 6/22/04, in the Twin Cities area of MN. ~33 courses
2)John Kretzschmar, 327 holes on 6/22/04, in the Twin Cities area of MN
3)306 holes, 2003, in the Twin Cities area of MN
4)20 courses / 280 holes. Justin McLuen (Clue), Steve Kenton (Special K), and Jason Neifert (Neif) played 20 different courses in one day on June 22, 2002. Kansas City, MO. 7 courses were 9 holes, 3 were 12 holes, 9 were 18 holes, 1 was 19 holes. 6/22/02
5)16 courses / 252 holes. by Jerry Robbins, age 63, in Kansas City. 4 courses were 9 holes and 12 course were 18 holes. A few courses were temporary. (6/02)

You can find more World Records in the Files at "DG Resources" (see my signature).

My biggest goal -
To learn how to drive a disc correctly and reach,at this point,250' on a consistent basis and then eventually hit 300' on a consistent basis.
Biggest stumbling block I have with this game by far.
second is to be able to putt 25' to 30' and land in the basket on a consistent basis.:)

Goals

1. I want to be able to increase my drive from 270 ish to 300.
2. Learn to throw forehand.
3. To shoot 5 over par.
4. To consistently make 20 foot putts. I always hit the outside of the basket.

By May 2010

1/ Establish the first course in my hometown with the cooperation of local parks officials.
2/ Start a local club and promote the sport and the new course.
3/ Host my first Tournament within the first six months of the courses opening.

Personal Goal - Improve my previous personal best scores at each of the following courses by at least 5 strokes. Joralemon Park, Oxbow Falls, Prompton, Jamesville Beach, and Warwick. Play Hyzer Creek, Emerson Park, Baker Farm, and at least 3 other courses for the first time. Play all 18 at TC3. (Car trouble once and severe t-storms the second time have kept me from completing a round in two attempts)

My goals for the 2009 disc golf season

1. Increase my drive to 300-350 (currently around 250-280 ft)
2. Be able to gimme putt from 20ft, be 80% from 30ft
3. Get a new bag that is durable and last more than 3 months. Thanks to the guys on the post pics of your bag forum for showing me some sweet bags.
4. Start dying discs
5. Play more tourneys and learn from those people better than me (most)
6. Join the PDGA and get rated. I have no idea where I stand now, but based on some loose guidelines, AM II would like to be around what the guidelines say for AM I by the end of the year.
7. Organize a small club at my new home course
8. Ace a hole- had to put that in there
9. Get as many new players as possible addicted to disc golf like me.
10. Play some Colorado Mountain courses.

Latest posts