• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is your most underrated disc you carry?

I love the Discraft Crush. Great disc for a late fade. Works great when you need to go around a corner down the fairway.

My Drone doesn't get used nearly as much as I would like to, but only because the situation doesn't call for it. I love when I have to use it though. It always does exactly what it's supposed to. If something goes wrong, I immediately know that I've screwed up somehow. Not like my other discs! It's usually their fault! lol.

Champ Cobra

Great at approaches and wooded shots. Seems to keep to any line given if thrown correctly.

Leopard. It's a great compliment to a Teebird. It works well for all kinds of anhyzer holes, straight to right drives, tunnel shots and can do some nice hyzers too. I get mine up to about 390-400 on a well executed drive, but they power down to the 350 range well too. I know a few people that carry one, but I don't see them used very often.

Another would be the QMS. Flies a lot like my Buzz did but turns over a bit more easily, which I like for medium length anhyzer drives. Very versatile, feels like a broken in Wizard in that it's glidey and will go any direction I need it to. I don't know anyone that uses one.

I'd also say putters as drivers are underrated. They can be pushed over 300 if your form is clean, and they are deadly accurate and highly controllable. I love outdriving peoples distance driver hyzers with a putter thrown straight for the pin.

I may get flamed for saying this, but... the Quest T-Bone. 80/20 plastic breaks in nicely to make a great line shaping disc.

xxx and its not even close, between people using firebirds and preds this thing doesnt get enough love, but its a great utility/wind/overhead shot disc and people should give it a shot, also opto plastic kicks ass

Pro Line Spider. It's long been OOP, but I've had one for over 10 years and it's served me quite well for many midrange shots. Feels extremely comfortable in my hand, and flies very predictably.

most underrated is my xl, (the only disc i carry two of), i can shape this thing anyway i want, also cro for midrange, stalls nicely right by the basket... my gf loves her sirius polaris ls 150...

The disc that is constantly getting "What was that blue disc you threw?" is my Z Drone. It's constantly saving my butt.

I also carry an Impact and sing its praises whenever I need an anhyzer. It glides a long way with no effort.

This is another one of those threads where its interesting to see how things change months down the road.

The underated disc for me, I guess out of the other discs in my bag right now, would be the Banshee. I even take it out in favor of a Firebird or Predator or Flick for OHs, but just discovered again that it does for me what those other 3 all do just about as well. I realise its probably because of my range personally but I need to show that disc more love. Almost traded it away.

Of the ones I have that I dont carry would be the Defender. Seriously. People who throw under 300' should really give one a try. Once you start getting close to 300' it will get real flippy but you can hit some huge hyzer flips if you get it just right.

Latest posts