• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What is your Nemidisc?

pd, every one I have thrown has been a meathook like no other, I love me some firebird, but the pd was just plain annoying.

Same deal on the Roc's. I never could get one to fly correctly. I can throw a Wasp just fine, so I don't know what the deal is.

Comet and Anode.

Comet: Recommended in every thread but i can´t get a proper grip on this disc.
Same goes with the Anode hate the rim

An old domey C-DD I had, such a meathook yet really hard to get right distance out of, always too short or too long. Traded it for a S-line Jackal, was happy.

Flat S-DDs are great though.

MVP Volt. Throw it flat/right, it goes left. Throw it flat/straight, it goes left. Throw it flat/left, it goes left.
Throw it anny/right, it goes left. Throw it hyzer/straight, it goes left. Throw it hyzer/right, it goes left.

Amp. MVP throwers love it, and Ive never figured out why.

I found that I had to throw it as hard as I could, losing the control variable.

The Saint was my "nemidisc". Tried 3 over a period of about a year, just didn't like the disc.

There are so many candidates....

I'll pick two "winners" for me.

- The Northman. Won it in CTP at a tournament. Every time I threw it, it released early. In retrospect, the only Westside mold I really do like is the Warship.

- The Leopard. I have tried a couple, and they just don't fly well for me.

As for the River, and it's glide or lack thereof, I carry three in my main bag. Best disc I have.....:clap:

Avenger SS. I have a buddy who swears by them so has talked me into trying them numerous times. Mostly after I see him crush a massive hyzer flip on a laser beam with his. I've tried them in all plastics and they are junk for me.

Destroyers for me. I don't know if all the ones I have tried are too beefy, but the all fly like meat hooks for me. I use a Trespass and haven't looked back.

Zone. Everytime I want it to fade hard it holds straight and when I want it to hold straight it drops left.

I'm of the mind that any intrepid thrower can figure out any disc. I hated Rocs/Comets and would've put "Roc" here a year or two ago. I took some time with them and now I love 'em. Perhaps I can learn to love the Zone too!

As for RR's, I just bagged a pre-#'s star and wow - it actually turns over! My champ is a hyzerflip laser beam at 350'.

Destroyers for me. I don't know if all the ones I have tried are too beefy, but the all fly like meat hooks for me. I use a Trespass and haven't looked back.

I don't love destroyers either, but it think it may be the ones I had were the Vulcan top ones. Pretty flippy and harder to control.

Another Wraith vote. Just a little extra juice or OAT and they flip on me. Have had great throws out to over 400', but have also been burned a lot.

Discmania C-FD: I was expecting lots of glide and a neutral flight, and what I got was a meathook with no glide.

Runners up: MD2, Mako, Lycan.

Lat64 Bolt. Was long as heck on 1/3 throws when hit just right. Good percentage for MLB but not disc golf.

***blaspheme alert:

1) Rocs. I guess I'm a flat mid guy, like the Roc3s I can deal with, but 'real' rocs I just can't stand, and I tried for like 2 years because I was told 'you have to throw rocs.' I just can't get a good release. This is what originally got me trying other company's molds.

2) Tbird. I actually love Tbirds, but for the 4 years I've been playing, I can't stop losing them! I don't get it. When I first tried them, I probably wasn't ready for them, so some that I've lost were just noob issues. But eventually they started working for me....and still I keep losing them. It's like some kind of hex.

I've got a 169 12x Champion Teebird that has taken almost 1.5 years to start to break in. Still overstable but getting better.

I've seen friends with much older Teebirds that they work wonders with. Is there something wrong with the 12x?

I've got a 169 12x Champion Teebird that has taken almost 1.5 years to start to break in. Still overstable but getting better.

I've seen friends with much older Teebirds that they work wonders with. Is there something wrong with the 12x?

Might just be a beefy one, try a TL. Not as beefy out of the box.