• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Mids] What mids do you bag?

pecosROB

Birdie Member
Wondering how many molds y'all use for mid range discs. One stable/understable and one or two over stable? I rewatched Climo's in the bag video and noticed he only uses Rocs that are at different stages of wear.

I use a Shark3, Mako3, and Claymore (just got a Core so I might be using that more, but it is very similar to the Claymore). I feel like I already use too many molds and I was wondering if anyone uses just one or two molds for their mid range discs.

One Buzzz OS, four Rocs and two Suspects. Suspects are kind of a tweener but they are more mid than putter for sure.

Buzzz OS is for wind and big hyzers. Also pretty skippy.
Then I have a USDGC Rancho as my OS Roc, a fresh Roc3 as my slightly OS Roc, a flat top DX as my straight Roc and a beat McPro Roc3 as my turnover Roc.

I have a Lucid Suspect for OS shots shorter than my BOS. My Fuzion Suspect is my short line shaper.

kc rocs and x comets. amazing.

maybe someday i'll have enough seasoned/beat rocs to cover my comet shots, but that's a long ways away. i can see it happening fairly easily over time as long as i don't lose or break them.

even when that day comes i don't know if i'll want to give up my comets. i'm pretty brutal with how i break in my rocs. lots of woods play. i hear that discs which are worked in slowly over time season in the true sense of the word, whereas discs which experience frequent blunt trauma are more just "beaten up" and become more "turn-y".

i'd go back to dx rocs but for some reason i lose them all the time. i have only ever lost one kc pro, and it was more like a dx. so i'm staying away from dx rocs for now, otherwise i may not even have gone back to the comet. i'm glad i did.

X Stratus
150 Z Storm
Ibex
Warship
Nebula
Drone

Overlap? Admittedly, but there are situations where I definitely have a preference for one over the other.

Champ Roc3 goes left.
Flat Top DX Roc goes straight.
Opto Fuse goes right.

FLX Drone or Champ Gator pops in and out of the bag on really windy days.

The Comet is the only true mid I use. My other "mids" are the Zone and Resistor. The Resistor is really a speed 6/7 driver but it powers down really well to take the place of a faster OS mid.

1-dx bottom stamped roc turnover shot galore
1-champion roc3 straight longer shot
1-g* roc3 slight turn with the fade back
1-11x kc pro roc straight shot with slight fade back
1-12x kc pro roc (beat) utility mid, holds any line

I'm in NC so always play wooded courses. I use mainly mids for all holes.

4 claymores, various wear
3 truths, various weight
Ching snipper
F5, F7, (F1 forehand)
starting to get in to rocs, flat tops even more

2 Z Wasps (1 174g beat, 1 180g new and pearly)
1 Champ Mako3 (180g workhorse mid)
2 ESP Comets (both max weight, one beat and flippy, one new and straight)

My full mid lineup is: Meteor-Mako3-KC Roc-Wasp-Gator.

I can get by with Mako3-Wasp. I'm trying to work in an ESP Buzz but it's not working out for me. Operator error.

Bio Fuzion Suspect
KC Roc
G* Roc3
Star Rancho Roc
Champion Panther
FLX Drone

The Panther and Drone don't get used that much, but they come in handy at times.

Depending on weather, some Roc's are swapped for a DX or Champion Roc3 and when the cold and snow are gone, the Panther gets replaced with my beat white kc Roc.

Last edited:
I'm only bagging 4 mids at the moment. I am in the process of changing from the Truth to the Mace. I still need to pick up a few more Maces, so I can have different stages of wear.

2 - Decodye Maces
1 - VIP Tursas
1 - TP Tursas

I love mids and carry six in three molds.

2 DX Stingrays, 1 beat and 1 ridiculously beat
2 Star Stingrays, 1 pretty new and 1 well used
1 ESP Buzzz
1 ESP Hornet

I may be adding a Drone after I get to play with it some, if it's significantly more overstable than the Hornet.

Champ Roc3 for most of my control shots, star atlas for tougher shot placements, super stingray for dead straight shots or for moderate downhills, claymore for annys

Champ Rancho, R3 or fresh KC, straight KC, straight to US flat top KC or a Comet, worn DX Roc or, and I've really been loving this lately, Theory.
Basically, 4 Rocs OS to US, and either a Comet or Theory.

Last edited:
Warship, Alias, Theory for me right now. Just playing around with the Warship though, want something more stable in that spot, might go back to Verdict soon.

Latest posts