• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What putter do you use?

EagleWings

Par Member
Hey I'm thinking of getting a new putter to try the Mark Ellis Confidence Putting Clinic. What putter(s) would you recommend?

I rarely have the opportunity to feel the disc before I buy as I buy my discs online (cheaper by far). Do you like the Gateway Wizard?

I loved the Wizard from my first putt. It just felt right to me. I also spent a lot of time trying everything under the sun. What don't you like about the Yeti you're using now?

I liked Aviars, then Darts, then Voodoos, then Magics, then Warlocks, then Wizards, now Anodes and sometimes the Voodoo again.

Asking someone to recommend you a putter is like asking someone to tell you a good place to eat. There are tons of choices and the right putter is going to be different for different people.

The yeti is good, but I want to try a putter which has a bit more putting range. The R-Pro Dart works well but it has too much glide to use because it will often overshoot if I miss and will catch Michigan's wind easily. (I do like the Yeti a lot, but I'd like to try another putter to see if it works better for me)

Do you have a local store nearby where you can go fondle/take a couple practice putts? Not to buy, just to feel up some plastic.

Have you tried putting with your Polecat? When I'm running at a basket on a fast green, it's what I use.

Unfortunately there are no stores close by. I have also found that my first impression of how a disc feels is unreliable as an indicator of how well the disc will work for me.

How does the Wizard's plastic feel?

Wizards come in all kinds of different feels and firmnesses. If you have a specific feel in mind, you can probably find one that suits you. Finding a replacement later on is not always as easy, but you can always get close.

My putt is a cross between a push and a spin putt. I'd like to find a putter which works well for either and can be used for jump putts and short upshots (100 and in).