• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] What putters do you keep in your bag and why?

I typically use my Star Aviar for all putting duties. I usually carry a VIP Harp for approach/upshot/layup duty. Sometimes, I rotate in similar molds, but it is always a putting putter and a utility putter.

Chunk VP - 40 feet and under. Trust is huge, max weight dead putters rule in all conditions.
Medium Ridge - extended range ( to 100') with the same grip and feel of the trust VP, so no finger repositioning issues.

DX XD, because everybody needs a palindrome. :D
Not really. XD has unrivaled glide, which makes it perfect for long, low ceiling runs.
And finally, a Star Wedge for wicked anny smashes.

2 Hard Daggers for putting in the circle.
1 beat Medium Dagger for outside the circle.
1 Hard Pure putter drives and upshots straight to turnover
1 Opto Pure straight to stable drives and upshots
Sinus or Harp will pop in the bag for especially windy days or certain courses.

K2 berg stable approaches
K2 berg putting
K3 berg broken in for straight to stable approaches
Xt polecat straight putter drives
Dx polecat flippy touch shots.

I am also messing with a chief as a putter tweener cause I have not quite figured out how to throw all my old putter lines that are longer than the berg/polecat range with mids, but getting closer (and the k3 berg just gets longer as it beats in.

Gravity Clutch for putting, Icon for driving. Drones power down well enough that I don't need an OS putter, though I have been fooling around with the Scale recently...

2x medium Daggers. One for putting one for throwing.
1 x medium Sinus for up shots and windy condition putting.
1 x medium Pure for up shots and driving putter
1 x soft Pure turn over drive putter, softer up shots, spin putts.

Putting-sheild x2 1 bt hard and 2014 trilogy stamp
Throwing putters -rff eraser wizard and daredevil polar bear.

That being said the polar bear might become the only putter I will need just does everything and feels great in the hand.

Use
Black, max weight JK-X for putting
Ridge, Hyzer drives, upshots
Summit, Anhyzer drives, upshots

Carry
Max weight soft judge - close to JK-X, easier to get in black
Neutron Ion, used to use before summit
Extra JK-X (be prepared)

Zone for most upshots, hyzer, and utility
Colt for straight and anny
Summit for putting

Toying with stud for driving and colt will likely kick out summit for putting as well.

Star Avair for putting
DX Avair for upshots
KC Avair for drives
DX Dart for drives
Champ Rhyno (1 stiff, 1 gummy) for headwind drives & upshots
R Pro Bulldog for os/utility

K2 berg stable approaches
K2 berg putting
K3 berg broken in for straight to stable approaches
Xt polecat straight putter drives
Dx polecat flippy touch shots.

I am also messing with a chief as a putter tweener cause I have not quite figured out how to throw all my old putter lines that are longer than the berg/polecat range with mids, but getting closer (and the k3 berg just gets longer as it beats in.

Yeah that is tough cuz those Bergs and Cats are sooo slow.

----------------------------Me Line-------------------

3 putters usually.

Serpent: All things putting. Really trying to make my hand love b/c it is a really excellent putter.

P-Line Breaker (FR): My thrower. Thrown hard it goes dead straight thanks to +HSS. Powered down and the LSS kicks in predictably.

DX Polecat: My finesse and approach wunderdisc.

Occasionally I'll bag a P Ion for more distance and line-shaping, especially on really wooded courses.

Switching up to the DD Soldier Bag and its two-putter pocked, I'm actually up to three putters now.

Main putter: Sparkle Prowler

Long-range putter: Icon Hunter

Also have a Legend Hunter, which I tried for the Icon Hunter slot, but have found the Icon to be better for 50+ foot range. So the Legend Hunter gets the call for the rare few occasions I actually have a putter in my hand on the tee.

Currently I have a Magnet and a Halloween stamp Aviar. I usually throw the Magnet just so I don't trash my Aviar. I'll be replacing it soon with either a normal Aviar or a different putter.

I've looked around and seen some different opinions; and I didn't want to start a thread just for this question, but what's the best shallow rim driving putter? I'm looking for like the depth of a Buzzz. I've tried driving with a G* Aviar driver, but it's too deep for me to get a consistent release with me medium sized hands and fan grip.

I've looked around and seen some different opinions; and I didn't want to start a thread just for this question, but what's the best shallow rim driving putter? I'm looking for like the depth of a Buzzz. I've tried driving with a G* Aviar driver, but it's too deep for me to get a consistent release with me medium sized hands and fan grip.

Various shallow putters include: The Innova Colt, the Innova Stud, the Axiom Proxy, the Axiom Envy, the MVP Atom, the Chief (I think that's Gateway), the Prodigy PA line of discs (PA4 is mine), the Kastaplast Reko, and I'm sure there's more...

Not as shallow as the above, but more shallow than the Aviars and other deep putters such as the Anode, would be the Lat64 Pure and the Dynamic Discs Judge and Warden (Judge is beaded, Warden is not).

Last edited:
I've been changing this slot up this winter. Currently its:

1x Pro D Roach for putting which is rotating with
1x Soft X Ringer for putting and driving which is rotating with
1x Cryztal Sparkle FLX Ringer for driving. No turn, no fade, it's been great!
1x Glo Zone for drives and overstable approaches

2 relatively new innova Yeti aviar- just putting I like to keep 2 so they stay fresh longer

1 seasoned yeti- drives, upshots, whenever I'm not sure what to do.. trusty disc.

1 champ aviar PnA. Just got it. Still learning it. But for strait drives and form checks.

1 gator. OS hooking approaches.

Latest posts