• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] What putters do you keep in your bag and why?

Medium/Hard Zeroline Pure: Putting
Soft Zeroline Pure: Approach
Opto Pure: Short Drives

ESP Zone: Short forehand flicks (skip is OK)
Soft X Zone: Short Forehand flicks (please don't skip and/or roll!)

2 putting colts, 2 driving colts, 3 driving studs, Gator, polecat, sonic.

10 putters.

Jesus dude. You must carry a huge bag.

Don't get me wrong I love carrying a pile of putters, but after a certain point it just becomes way too much weight for limited use. If I'm carrying 7 or 8 Putters odds are 2 or 3 of them are probably not being used much.

2 Seasoned KC's for putting
1 FF Serpent for some drives/approaches/putts that I don't want to glide
1 Beat DX Classic Roc for driving/approaches
1 Ont CCR for driving/approaches
1 Crz Flx Zone for Zone stuff

I carry three:

1 XT Whale for putting and most putter drives and some upshots

1 Med Harp for most upshots and some putter drives

1 Hard Swan for a short shot that starts hyzer and turns right.

Last edited:
Jesus dude. You must carry a huge bag.

Don't get me wrong I love carrying a pile of putters, but after a certain point it just becomes way too much weight for limited use. If I'm carrying 7 or 8 Putters odds are 2 or 3 of them are probably not being used much.

23 discs total including the 2 putting putters. Is that huge?

All the time I carry at least my soft N Envy for drives and approaches and my Melon Proxy for putting.

Most of the time I also carry my beat P Envy for putting in wind and straight drives. Sometimes I also carry my fresher max weight P Envy for hyzer drives and approaches.

I also sometimes carry a beat Aviar for hyzerflip drives and a Blowfly for glidey goodness and because they're just fun to throw. I also sometimes carry a cryztal flx zone for FH and heavy wind duties.

So, if fully stocked I carry 7.

I also have a GL Pure that I use on occasion, but not with the same mix.

And I have a Lunar Omega SS as my night golf putter/straight approach/driving putter.

I only carry 2 putters at a time.

Aviar driver- always in bag
SSS VooDoo (Legacy Trails memorial stamp)
SS Glow Wizard (for this time of year)- When daylight savings changes this putter will take a vacation til next winter.

2 Wizards (Stickin' Putts g9i for most putts and OG SS for anny putts, longer putts, and jump putts).
1 Champion or PFN Star Avair P&A (straight and anny drives/approaches)
1 Recon Tank (Overstable drives/approaches)

And, if it gets windy or on tighter courses:
1 LE Glo Z Zone (for the beef/flex/flicks/tricks)

I carry 4 judges. 2 are classic hard for putting only. Then I have one prime plastic mainly for off the tee and short hyper approaches, and one soft for approaches and forehand putts.

No not at all. That's interesting then that putters are over 40% of your whole bag.

I think that drives 300' and in is the most important part of the game. My driving putters go 300' under optimal circumstances. I ditched my mids for colts end of last year and it is going great.

But yes I have a very putter heavy bag compared to most.

1 - G9i Wizard (Fossil Wizard in the winter) - putting only
1 - Glow Champ Classic Roc - slow stable/overstable thrower
1 - Neutron Proxy - straight, straight, straight
1 - CryZtal Zone - beef FH
1 - Glo Z Zone - distance FH

5 total

PA1
1 - 350g (171g): This is my main putter. I love how low profile it is and that it is beadless. Feels very small in the hand and is consistently OS. I never worry about this disc missing to the right of the basket.
1 - 350g (174g): A backup to my main putter.
1 - 750 (174g): Short OS drives. Great for sticking close to the basket because of how OS it is and it doesn't want to glide out passed the target. Very accurate.

PA4
1 - 750 (174g): Laser straight drives.

Zone
1 - ESP (174g): This is a utility disc. A mini firebird. Been smacking trees for over two years now and I haven't been able to notice any loss in stability. Puddle top. Beadless. Just an incredible mold all around and couldn't imagine my bag without it. I will putt with it if the winds are swirling at 15mph+. Even then I have to really respect how much it wants to immediately fade out of my hand.

Always:
Polecat-some of my approaches and all of my putting
Yikun Wings- approaches

Sometimes:
Fossil Serpent- I carry this on windy days for longer putts
Scales- overstable approach
Swan II- understable approach. I also grab this one on windy days for anny upshots because the Polecat gets blown around to easily.
Woodchuck- for putts that absolutely can't roll away I I miss.

Last edited:
Soft judge for putting. Using this from about 75' and in. Sticks really well.

Neutron envy for approaches or drives.

Beat up proton envy for straight drives and approaches. By far my favorite disc. It holds most any line. A disc i will go thru any lengths to retrieve if i have an errant throw and it ends up in a creek or something.

Champ rhyno for approaches where i want the disc to sit and not skip or roll. Or for flex shots.

Champ harp for windy days or skip hyzers.

Well i have

4 kc avars
1 semi newish- approach, strong wind putts
2 beat twins- putting
& 1 that i use for understable approaches and drives

1 star avair p&a- drives
Sometimes 1 star avair driver- season and weather dependent it fights the wind nicely.

1 XD avair for long jump putts with lots of snap. It moves through the air faster.

4...main putter, alternate putter(weather/temp dependent), approach putter, and driving putter. SS Voodoo, SSS Warlock, Flx Challenger, Proxy.

nova x 2 - All putter drive dutys

Mcpro aviar x2 ( DX when cold or silly wet ) x2 = putting only