• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] What putters do you keep in your bag and why?

2 Soft N Envy - 1 putts the other approaches
1 N envy driving
1 Zone for the wind/hyzer/roller utility role

1 Fossil or FF scale for putting only
1 light Armor dome top scale For long puts
1 Armor xout scale for driving
1 Wizard for finesse type duties that the scale is too OS for
1 ti flx zone (this is borderline putter) for forehands and get out of trouble shots

1 - McPro Aviars - putting
1 - KC Pro Aviar - putting in wind or hyzer putts
1 - KC Pro Aviar - stable approach shots and drives
1 - VIP Shield - drives
1 - Electron Atom - point and shoot approach and drives. no turn no fade (think McBeth and his Nova)
1 - ESP puddle top Zone - because Zone.

At the moment I'm carrying 5:

Fossil Wizard- putting only
Fossil Fuel Wizard- drives and upshots with a little fade
K3 Reko- dead straight no matter the power, and will hold any line (flies like a beat wiz right out of the box)
RFF Serpent- glideless, uneventful drives or upshots that magically find the basket
Fossil Scale- upshots, utility and straight to fade drives. Becomes the putter when the wind gets out of control

Fossil Wizard - putts only
Fossil Fuel Wizard - drives/upshots with gentle fade, this disc seems to land very softly on downhill drives which is extremely useful on a local course
Electron Atom - straight drives/upshots
Fossil Scale - drives/upshots needing more fade, putting in wind

Currently in the colder weather:

2x 174g Tarpit Scales for approach/ITC putting
1x 175g RFF Serpent for approach/OTC putting/US putting
1x 168g Beat RFF Wizard for 60' and outside (interchanged with a Glow PA3 depending on weather)
1x 175g Domey White Armor Scale for driving

And occasionally I toss in the 200g DX Zephyr for the lulz and super glidey placement approach shots.

This summer:

2x 175g Fossil Scales for putting
1x 174g Tarpit Scale for utility approach
2x 175g Fossil Fuel Serpents for OTC and approach
1x 175g Glow PA3 for drives with more glide and long putts
1x 175g Domey White Armor Scale for driving

Two XT Colts for putting. Two Star Colts for drives and upshots. Just got a couple Star Studs to try out.

Looking forward to hear how the Star Colts and Studs work out for you. :popcorn: But maybe in their threads so as not to hijack this one... :)

2 xt aviars - putting
1 dx aviar - stable to understable drives/upshots
1 aviar driver - stable to overstable drives and upshots.

Two soft challengers for putting.
One ESP Zone for driving and fh upshots.

A roach for putting, another for practice, and a challenger for longer throws. I like them because they're easy to throw straight and also for any left or right turns.

After I got my crazy durable big Z roach it replaced my challenger. Pretty much the same thing but I like it a little better. A little less overstable, but still plenty overstable, and more comfy. The most comfy putter out there, not shallow but a touch lower than an aviar/challenger. Not as fast as a pure so still a nice slow, straight flying, stable, highly versatile putter. Great for hyzer and anhyzer. Again the main reason I like my D and big Z roach is that they're easy to throw straight yet easy to not overthrow with. That's what I usually call on my slowest disc to accomplish for me on a putt, drive, or in between.

Putting putters: Omega AP or Omega Driver
Driving putters: Qmega and either BB Omega, JK or KC Aviar
Touch/approach: Omega SS and Champ Dart

One 10x kc aviar for putts/anny

Two San marino kc aviars for straight or anny drives/long putts. Also softer for cold weather

One fresh kc aviar for hyzer drives/upshots

Last edited:
Am I really the only person on this thread putting with a Pa1?

2 mvp atom 172 putting under 50
1 decodye judge 175 long putts H/An line upshots
1 fluid Warden straight drives
1 Omega supersoft 171 slight turn over, hyzerflip drives upshots that stick
1 Harp Beat BT soft long straight w/ late fade driver or upshot
1BT med for approaches.
1 Spike BT Hard for turnovers.
And just added Prodigy PA1 in testing phase
I like throwing putters.

2x Medium Macana (purely putting)

1x Soft Pure (turnovers and soft approaches)
1x Grip/Opto Pure (Driving putter)
1x VIP Harp (Headwind driving and FH)

Will probably add either a Medium Shield or a Medium Harp to the bag as well to fill the gap between the Pures and VIP Harp.

Am I really the only person on this thread putting with a Pa1?

I used to. I LOVED the PA1/PA4 combo for the last few years. Until I found the Scale/Serpent last summer. I still carry either a Glow PA3 for longer upshots when I want more glide or 400s PA1 for the same purpose on windier days.

Prodigy makes the best putters (for my form and comfort) of the bigger companies. I still LOVE Prodigy putters. However, I would just rather support the craft company with amazing product!

I typically use my Star Aviar for all putting duties. I usually carry a VIP Harp for approach/upshot/layup duty. Sometimes, I rotate in similar molds, but it is always a putting putter and a utility putter.

I love my Harp! Bought it on a whim from the used bin when I was trying out new putters. It's my go to layup disc. SSS Wizards for putting.

I have picked up a fuzion judge recently and am super impressed with it off the tee. It holds all lines well and carries a long way if I put some power behind it. It is not as easy to throw on anny lines as a nova or beat aviar, but all other shots have been easy to make repeatedly.

4 soft warlocks for putting/practice at the course.

Latest posts