• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What was the first disc you ever threw?

Mine was a DX Valk that my friend thought I should be able to throw. I can remember throwing it so hard with so much nose up it actually did a complete loop and landed almost next to me. The guy that was with us looked over with a look I'll never forget.

Pro Beast @ Victor Ashe in Knoxville. Furthest drive was about 50'. Almost quit after #5, lost the Beast on #6, finished with Buzz & Magnet, all I needed to begin with, now I'm hooked like a crack hoe on, well, crack

First time was with an ultimate disc at a course in NC that doesn't exist anymore. This was in 2000.

The second time was in May of 2009 at a different course in NC. I used a 174 dx wolf, dx archangel, and dx aviar.

My family and I would play object golf with the dx gazelle's my parents boutht for our birthdays. My dad had mine in a box and gave it back to me for Christmas. It will hang on the wall.

Yellow DX Roc and i played at Moraine State Park. After 2 years, the course still has my number :doh:

2 buddies finally talked me into playing.. we stopped by the local store and i grabbed a birdie and a dragon... ahhhhhhh to be young

Black Cyclone in '95. Shady Oaks in Sacramento. Still have it, tho' it hangs on my wall now. I still have my first putter too, a white XD. That cracked about three years ago playin in N. Virginia in winter. I shoulds known better. Old discs and freezing temps do NOT mix.

The first course with baskets I ever played was Horizon Park in Winston-Salem, NC and I used a Wham-o 165 world class lid.

It was a few months later before I got my first true golf disc - a Lightning P-38

Mine was a DX Valk that my friend thought I should be able to throw. I can remember throwing it so hard with so much nose up it actually did a complete loop and landed almost next to me. The guy that was with us looked over with a look I'll never forget.

lol, I think we've all been there!

My family and I would play object golf with the dx gazelle's my parents boutht for our birthdays. My dad had mine in a box and gave it back to me for Christmas. It will hang on the wall.

Nice!

My first two discs were a Pro-d SS Avenger and a Pro-d Challenger. I started off throwing forehand, so the Avenger worked out pretty well since it was super flat. I hated the Challenger though on account of it being slow and overstable. Ended up just giving the Challenger away, wish I had it back now though :(

I do not remember what my friends let me borrow the first they brought me out but the next time I had purchased a dx raven and a dx rhino. Two weeks later I had another raven and a goblin. I was hooked. A month later I was using a dragon. By the end of the year I had a x xs, x predator, and a z buzz.

First disc ever played with was a #1 Helix that I was given by a friend. Played Edora, in Fort Collins, hit like every single tree, and threw it in the water. Decided a better way to play was the person who hit the most trees had to buy the drinks, which made me pay better attention to what I was doing.

If you pay with a group of more than 4 it gets expensive and really work on not hitting the trees. One time I lost and I had to shell out like $45 just on booze. After that I vowed to either get better or not play again. I got better.

First course I played was Will Rogers in OKC with Frisbees. First disc round I played was with an Innova X-Out (which I later found out to be a Polaris LS) at Fore Palms in Jacksonville, FL. Still have the Polaris, on the wall instead of in the bag.

The first few weeks I shot great because my brother and I decided as long as we hit some part of the basket, it counted!