• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What was the first disc you ever threw?

classic cobra - dx - yellow w/ San Francisco DG Club on it - long before the course was built

New answer: Dolphin.

My parents bought two Dolphins--a blue one and green one, with the old Hole 18 pond at Roland Park in Akron presumably in mind--for my brother and me sometime in the mid-nineties when we were in elementary school. I actually saw one of them sitting on a garage shelf last time I was home. A Cobra and Piranha followed not long after.

My friend who got me into the game let me use a 1999 Ice bowl stamped rancho roc.Before we had even finished the first hole..he told me to keep it.I guess he could tell I was already completely hooked.That yellow beat up beauty has gotten 3 aces for me so far, and god forbid if I were to lose it I'd probably have to seek counseling.

my parents bought me an aerobie sharpshooter #2. IT WAS TERRIBLE!
when i really started playing i had a DX Valk

Mine was a beat up DX Eagle I found at Calvert Park back in 1991 when I was playing a round with my 150 Wham-O Ultimate Frisbee Disc. I could not throw the Eagle more than 50 feet, but I hung on to it. Ten years later, my brothers and I really starting playing. Today I have no Ultimate Frisbee's and more DG disc's than I can carry with me on the course.

Wow just went through all the posts and no one threw a Lynx for the first time ever playing disc golf. Two buddies and I were at the Gas Pipe here in Austin when we noticed some discs on a rack and we started talking smack about who would beat who. I bought a Lynx that I still have, one of my buddies bought a Stealth, and my other friend got a newly released Barracuda that they had behind the counter. We went to Zilker park where I proceeded to take their money with my huge Lynx. Been hooked ever since.

My first was Discmania P-line PD. I still have it and I got my first ace with it. Absolutely fantastic disc although its not in my bag anymore.

i've probably posted itt before but i'm too lazy to check. the first disc i threw was a DX valk. my first two discs i purchased were a ching velocity and a dx sonic

my first disc was a dx beast.. my friend gave it to me when I went for the first time. I used it for a few months and then put it in the river at Milo Mcyver(sp). first putter was an XD.. I still own it and sometimes go back to it when my putting is bad with the dart.

Latest posts