• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What was the first disc you ever threw?

A multi-purpose DX Cheetah. Drive, approach, putt, and everything in between.

Not really sure, it was 10 years before I actually started playing. But it had to be Innova, because the guy who introduced me to the game kept using the reference, "Discrap". But the first disc I remember the name was later that day, we found a Z Xclone w/ no number. I still have it, inked "GOOCH" on the underside. Unfortunately I have no idea where in storage the thing is. Didn't start playing until 2 years ago(moved up to Charlotte 3 years ago) so its somewhere within the confines of my storage unit. Think its worth trying to find and tossing/selling?

A Stratus with "The Oaks" stamp I bought from Addison back in the day before the redeisgn. I lost it there on hole #1 a few months later.

I don't remember the first disc I borrowed and threw, but I remember the first discs I bought:

DX Panther
#1 slice
DX Scorpion (at least I think it was Innova, I just remember the scorpion stamp)

I started playing disc golf with frisbees because that was the only thing available.
The first "disc" i threw was a DGA Kittyhawk Flyer (don't remember the model).

The first disc I threw was either a DX Areo(my first putter), DX Coyote(my first or second midrange) or a DX Cobra(my first midrange/driverish). I picked them up when I first started playing and tossed them around my local park to get use to them.

can you rember your first disc???

do you still use it ???
did you keep it after you got more discs???

i know i sure do it was a 172 stingray i bought when i was buying beer cuase i thought it looked fun

I had a DX Raven when I was about 12 years old. I first threw a Marauder that one of my Dad's friends had. I lost the Raven many, many moons ago, but I like to think that the Marauder is still in the loaner box at the friend's house.

Ahh yes I can remember that day(3 weeks ago lol) I was clueless and got a elite z Nuke tye dye that I could not throw for 100'. I'm forehanding it now with a bit more precision but it sometimes still gives me fits. Horrible choice for a begginer, but i'll eventually grow into it.