• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] What you putt with and why

RFF Magics. I spush putt and they glide really well at low speed and dont fade.

After trying Banger Gt, Focus, Aviar, Magnet, and Soft Proton Anodes, I finally settled on Proton Ions. The bead feels just right in my hands and its a natural fit. I'm now focusing more on the actual movement of the putt, instead of how I'm holding the disc.

i putt with a my sexy putter. i like it cause it feels good on my fingers and i can jam it in the basket over and over again. i dont fondle new putters tho cause that would be cheating.

Just stick to the lesson TLC gave us back in the day:

Judge, I just liked it. I haven't really gone through too many putters. I went with aviars of all diff types. First dx which I lost at hole 9 on sleepy hollow, than I bought an r-pro one till I heard stiffs were more consistent. So went to kc pro which I hit my first ace with so I retired it. And felt up all the putters at CJ's and came out with a couple first run judges. Been putting/throwing/approaching them since they came out. Sometimes I miss the fade of KC's for driving, but 30 ft and in they are great.

San Marino 12x KC Pro Aviars... b/c they are slight concave, grippy and well bb Aviars :p . use them for driving, putting, upshots, you name it

Soft judges, just because I've not bought any blend judges yet. the hards are too hard (like old gateway hard material) especially for colder weather. the softs are fine for winter time use.

I like the judge though because it's pretty neutral for a beaded putter even at lower speeds, and it's shallower (or at least feels a lot shallower) than most beaded putters that I've used.

Tanks and 86 Softies. Was a Rhyno guy for years, and wanted something just a bit straighter for my putts, and that's when I found the Tanks. For me, it's a perfect straight/slightly overstable putter for inside 30'. Outside 30', or when I need to do a slight anny putt, I use my 86 Softies. They have great glide and are straight to flippy. Amazing uphill putters as well!! I do still bag a Rhyno as well for a driving putter of an overstable putt that I need to wrap around a tree.

What: 175 g Organic Magics

Why: Fits really great in my hand and has amazing glide. The organic plastic is nice and grippy with just the right amount of give.

I've auditioned many a putter throughout my disc golf career. I've tried rattlers, aviars, magnets, zones, aeros, ions, anodes and wizards. Magics are just what fit my putting style the best and have decided not to ever make a switch again. For a while there my buds gave me a pretty tough time about showing up with a different putter each week. Now that I found what works, I am going to stay loyal and ignore my curiosity regarding new putters that come out.

My advice: Find something that's very comfortable in your hand and that is compatible with your putting style and stick with it.

Soft judges, just because I've not bought any blend judges yet. the hards are too hard (like old gateway hard material) especially for colder weather. the softs are fine for winter time use.

I like the judge though because it's pretty neutral for a beaded putter even at lower speeds, and it's shallower (or at least feels a lot shallower) than most beaded putters that I've used.

Soft Judges for me as well.
I've always had a liking for soft putters, and the first time I tried one, I was hooked!
I have 10 at the moment, all 174g and in different colors.

Wizards are what I use now... Switched a month ago from the sole and haven't looked back... love the feeling of the bead, the way it flies and the different plastic choices... the ones i use most are organic and rff...

When I first started playing I putted with a Mako midrange. One day at Morley Field the disc of the week was a Legacy Clozer. I bought one and havent looked back. Its been a great putter. Find a disc that you like and stick with it. Buy several of the same disc and same weight so you can practice.

I don't understand how people have 10 of the same putter.

How do you know which one is your main putter?

I use n anode

I use n anode

as you use it, you'll know. you can pick it out just by the dings it has or the stamp difference or you could write "THROW ME!!!!" on the bottom of your main squeeze.

i carry 9 wizards with me at all times for putting and driving practice. 3 identical erasers, 3 similar softs, 2 dinnerplate organics that are pretty beefy, and 1 organic that's beaten up. no, they are not for all varying manners of slightly under/overstable, etc. i have one beef, one straight/understable/ one for putting.

i only throw like two or three of them on the course, if that. but i always know which ones i want to keep fresh.

I have more than 10 Wizards but I only carry two or three with me on a round. The third one is only for putting practicing.

I use n anode

My main putter (black soft Judge) is obviously easy to identify. The others stay in the "back-ups" box till I pull them out for practice sessions.

Zero Hard Pure, I like the feel of the hard plastic because it has no give in the flightplate, I like they are straight flying and I also like the fact that they have no bead.

I put with 4 chains magnets because they worked..

.. but I've been in a funk for a while so I just switched to a pair of matching firm judges. Stay tuned..

Latest posts